"Yes, he is in great form but we can not focus only on Williamson", said Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza at his pre-match press conference. England will look to put one foot in the semi-finals with a second successive win while New Zealand will aim for two full points after rain denied them a crack at Australia.
New Zealand lost their last eight wickets for 65 runs, having been well placed in their pursuit of 311 against England thanks to solid knocks from Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor in support of skipper Kane Williamson's 87. And we have got some good memories of playing there. Ben Stokes was equally impressive with his 48 runs.For New Zealand Adam Milne secured 4 wickets but by then, he has already given away 79 runs. "I think if we're truly going to be contenders for this tournament, we need to beat the best teams and Australia are one of the best teams".
Liam Plunkett bowled emerged as the leader of the pack as he gobbled up four wickets and broke the back of the Kiwis batting order.
Tuesday's success means England will return to the Welsh capital as Group A victor for a last-four clash against the Group B runner-up on June 14.
Wood's fellow paceman Jake Ball was named man-of-the-match for a miserly return of two for 31 in eight overs up front.
The Zacks: Analysts Expect Crocs, Inc
Over the short term, some market observers may have noticed that Crocs, Inc. has a 5.62% short float with 15 days to cover. Two Sigma Investments LP bought a new stake in shares of Crocs during the fourth quarter worth about $2,637,000.
Earlier England, sent into bat by Williamson, made 310 all out, thanks mainly to Joe Root's 64 and Jos Buttler's unbeaten 61.
"It feels good to be in the semis but we are not satisfied", said Morgan.
New Zealand are now bottom of Group A with Bangladesh one spot ahead in third and Boult said the Black Caps would not under-estimate their opponents.
Chris Woakes, meanwhile, has revealed he is likely to miss England's first Test of the summer, with the injury that ended his tournament against Bangladesh last Thursday revealed to be a grade-two tear in his left side that will take up to six weeks of recovery.
The hosts started cautiously against New Zealand pacers who kept testing their patience.
The tournament continues tomorrow as Pakistan play South Africa in Group B at Edgbaston.
- Rosenstein: I Wouldn't Fire Mueller From Russia Probe Without 'Good Cause'
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions says he was never briefed on Russia probe
- Dershowitz: Comey's Statement Shows Trump Did Not Obstruct Justice
- Golden State Warriors win NBA championship against Cleveland Cavaliers
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein: Robert Mueller Won't Be Fired Without Cause
- Dennis Rodman returns to North Korea for basketball diplomacy
- Sessions brands Russia collusion claims a 'detestable lie'
- Running update on AG Jeff Sessions' testimony
- Macron's Party Set To Win Parliamentary Vote In France
- Ultimate Warriors are National Basketball Association champs again