Contract concerns aside, Peters said that he wanted to take some time off this offseason, and that the Eagles didn't exactly object to him sitting out the voluntary workouts. He's also due $10 million in 2018.
Considering Peters' willingness to work with Philadelphia in order to amend his contract, the two sides should be able to reach an agreement that could provide him with more guaranteed money while simultaneously easing his burden on the Eagles' salary cap. After the 2017 season, Peters is scheduled to carry a $11.25M cap number, but a release by the Eagles would leave the team with only $1 million in dead cap.
For an organization up against the cap and with Lane Johnson now get big money on an extension signed soon after the 2015 season concluded, it will be interesting to see what the Eagles choose to do. "I don't want to go anywhere else".
The Eagles also approached Peters this offseason about taking a pay cut, according to an ESPN report. Originally an un-drafted free agent tight end out of Arkansas converted to tackle by the Buffalo Bills, Peters was traded to the Eagles in the 2009 offseason, and has been with the Eagles ever since. Are they going to do this?
As for the season at hand, Peters is impressed by what he sees out on the field now that he has rejoined the team.
Apple issues $1 billion green bond after Trump's Paris climate exit
The company was among those that signed an open letter pledging to continue supporting efforts to meet the Paris agreement. Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook said last week he sought to persuade the president not to withdraw.
"I want to retire here", Peters told reporters Tuesday.
At this point, Peters said is he happy to be back in Philadelphia with his teammates. I just wanted to get the reassurance that I'm going to retire here and not have to worry about it.
Despite the fluid situation, Peters plans on attending training camp, he said.
Peters has spent the last eight years in Philadelphia and started 104 games during that time. "It's a business. They're going to send you the lowest bid they can".
- FDA delays rule requiring new nutrition facts panel on food
- Is James Comey Baiting Donald Trump into Making a Mistake?
- E3 2017 : Microsoft dévoile Metro Exodus lors de sa conférence
- The Warriors Flash-Fried the National Basketball Association , and They're Just Getting Started
- Kevin Durant sends love to Rihanna after Warriors win title
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Offers To Testify To Intelligence Panel
- The Day After Corbyn's Surprise Surge, NPR Would Rather Talk About Buckethead
- Arsene Wenger told to copy Jose Mourinho's Man Utd tactics
- Woman charged with murder after man hit by tram at station
- Factors to Note Before Buying Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. (CLF)