Prosecutors in Spain allege the Real Madrid player defrauded the government of about $16 million in taxes from 2011 to 2014.
He is accused of evading tax of 14.7m euros (£13m; $16m) from 2011 to 2014.
The prosecutor, who cites in his complaint the recent judgment of the Spanish Supreme Court against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, according to Marca, stress that Ronaldo has taken advantage of a corporate structure created in 2010 to hide the revenues generated in Spain from his image rights.
Real Madrid has declined to comment on the star's legal situation.
The prosecutor also said that Ronaldo "intentionally" did not declare income of 28.4 million euros ($31.8 million) made from the cession of image rights from 2015-20 to another company located in Spain.
Documents suggesting that Ronaldo had avoided tax on income by holding them in offshore accounts were leaked in December.
London firefighters battle massive blaze at residential high-rise
Hurd has spoken to London Fire Brigade Assistant Commissioner Steve Apter to assure him that the government will offer assistance. At least one infant was caught by a person on the ground and survived, according to a witness who spoke to the Huffington Post .
Ronaldo became a Spanish tax resident in January 2010 and in November 2011 opted to follow the Spanish tax regime that applies to foreigners working in Spain, the statement said.
Argentina worldwide and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was sentenced to a 21-month jail sentence and 2.09- million-euro fine a year ago for tax fraud.
Whatever Leo Messi can do, Cristiano Ronaldo can do better!
Ronaldo is the latest high-profile soccer player to run afoul of Spain's tax man.
The state prosecutor alleges that Ronaldo used a shell company in the Virgin Islands as a smokescreen to hide his riches from the taxman.
The prison term will likely be suspended as is common in Spain for first offences for non-violent crimes carrying a sentence of less than two years. But as the financial crisis bit deeper, that exemption was lifted, paving the way for the cases.
- Republican House Whip Steve Scalise Injured in Virginia Shooting
- Frk Yeah - Griffins Win Calder Cup Championship
- Delhi: Hindu Sena hosts celebrations for Donald Trump's 71st birthday
- Les charges de copropriété en hausse — Immobilier
- Jeff Sessions denies secret meeting with Russians
- Douze départements en alerte orange — Orages
- Turkey convicts opposition lawmaker for revealing secrets
- Labour Party heading for a MILLION members after post-election joining surge
- Warriors Deny Reports That They've Decided To Skip White House Visit
- Lonzo Ball SAVAGELY TROLLS Father LaVar in New Foot Locker Ad