Christopher Ruddy, chief executive of conservative group Newsmax Media, Mr Ruddy was at the White House on Monday, but United States media reported that he did not meet Mr Trump while there.
"The attorney general is the one who has to fire him", said CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on "Anderson Cooper 360". Mueller's law firm, WilmerHale, has represented Trump's former campaign manager and also some Trump family members. And since Attorney General Jeff Sessions has recused himself from the investigation, Rosenstein is acting in that capacity.
Collins' question wasn't the only time the Mueller investigation came up during Rosenstein's hearing on Capitol Hill.
Could Trump actually fire Mueller? Mueller, the former Federal Bureau of Investigation director, is widely respected on both sides of the aisle, something that's pretty tough to do in Washington nowadays.
Another distraction for Trump came from the attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia, who filed a lawsuit against him.
Three members of the legal team known to have been hired so far by Mueller have given political donations nearly exclusively to Democrats, according to a CNN analysis of Federal Election Commission records.
- Jeannie Rhee contributed $16,450 to Democrats from 2008 to 2016. He served two additional years beyond his 10-year term, to ensure stability during a transition period in President Obama's national security team.
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich tweeted Monday that he refused to believe Mueller could ever handle the Russian investigation fairly.
"I can't manage that they're going to be insane enough to go through with this threat", Schiff said later in an interview on MSNBC's "Hardball", adding: "I think it's just a way of raising doubts about this very good man who's respected by people on both sides of the aisle". Look who he is hiring.check fec reports. He has a well-earned reputation for integrity and is not a, well, grandstander.
Uber CEO takes leave of absence amid crises
One Uber investor called the board's decisions on Sunday a step in the right direction, giving Uber an "opportunity to reboot". The executive shuffle at Uber has officially begun.
Why would Trump's friend discuss this publicly?
Several theories abound so far.
Needless to say, Ruddy's comments caused quite a stir, but top Trump administration officials were out in force t0 claim the statement isn't true.
'We know now for sure there is no collusion between the administration and Russian Federation, ' he continued, citing no evidence, as two congressional probes and the FBI-turned-Mueller investigation carries on.
"If President fired Bob Mueller, Congress would immediately re-establish independent counsel and appoint Bob Mueller".
The government let the old independent-counsel law expire in 1999 - at that point even Clinton's tormentor, investigator Kenneth Starr, suggested the law needed to change.
- Theresa May promises to get Tories 'out of this mess'
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Melbourne seige
- Comey n'a "aucun doute" sur l'interférence des Russes: "Ils vont revenir"
- Woman raped by Roman Polanski asks for 'mercy' to end court case
- First Lady Moves Into White House With Son Barron
- Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry lead Warriors to NBA title over Cavaliers
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- En prison car il fume durant le ramadan — Tunisie
- David Seaman: Joe Hart still best English goalkeeper, criticism unfair
- Theresa May apologises to own MPs for election 'mess'