A 6.3-magnitude natural disaster rocked off the south coast of Indonesia's most-populated Java Island Monday morning, the Indonesian Meteorological, Climatological and Geophysical Agency said. Residents in high-rises around the city of almost 10 million people felt a few seconds of swaying.
"I was awakened by the tremor and was horrified to see the lights and furniture in my room swinging", said Risma Defriana, a Jakarta resident who lives on the 17th floor of an apartment building.
No damage or casualties were reported in Sukabumi, the closest town to the epicenter, said Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, the spokesman of Indonesia's Disaster Management Agency.
Pitcher? Hitter? Both? MLB draft marked by 2-way players
He was almost as impressive on the mound with a 10-3 record, 2.34 ERA, 140 strikeouts, and just 33 walks in 104 innings. McKay, who pitches and plays first base at Louisville, was introduced as a first baseman by the commissioner.
The meteorology and geophysics agency reported that the quake was at 6.3 magnitude and centered at 179 km southwest Sukabumi district of West Java Province with the depth at 10 km under seabed, but the shakes of the quake were felt in nearby Jakarta city, official of the agency Dedy Sugianto told Xinhua by phone.
Indonesia is prone to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions due to its location along the Pacific "Ring of Fire".
- Katy Perry reveals personal struggles during marathon live stream
- Georgia Power to takeover Vogtle nuclear plant expansion from Toshiba subsidiary
- Jeff Sessions hearing looms over week on the Hill
- Rafael Nadal Makes History at the French Open
- Australia's Steve Smith frustrated by Oval abandonment
- Psychiatrist: Carter followed Roy into 'very dark place'
- Four lines of possible questions for Attorney General Sessions
- Theresa May Announces Plan To Form Government After Queen's Approval
- Attorney General Sessions to face US Senate panel in public
- Korea's ICBM and nuclear weapons nears completion