"It has become clear that Harland Fletcher may have the right to wear his US Army Dress Uniform at his graduation and on behalf of the Liberty Union High School District I publicly apologize to him and his family for this Incident", Volta said in a report from KTVU.
Fletcher sat out the Friday ceremony at Liberty High School after the principal told him he would have to wear a cap and gown over his uniform if he wanted to participate.
A California school superintendent is apologizing to an Army reservist who was not allowed to wear his uniform to his graduation ceremony.
Fletcher, a private first class, was expected to pick up his diploma on Monday.
"I made a mistake last Friday night, and I don't mince words".
Boris Johnson calling for end to blockade of Qatar
Soldiers in an armoured pick-up truck looked out over barbed-wire at sprawling dustland separating Qatar from Saudi Arabia. The first ship, run by Qatari shipping company, Milaha, arrived in Doha on Sunday, with a cargo of cold food supplies .
Fletcher said he wants to send a message that the military shouldn't be disrespected and that servicemen stand together.
"'No, you can't walk in that, ' and I asked, 'Why?' and he said 'That's not the graduation uniform, '" Fletcher said, recalling the conversation. Unfortunately, he missed his graduation ceremony at Liberty High School.
Sgt. Duane Edwards, a Vietnam War veteran, attended the ceremony with the rest of the Marine Corps League of Brentwood. "Principal Walsh and the District do support the armed forces, as exemplified by his recognition of graduating seniors that have chosen the military for their post-graduate plans during the graduation ceremony".
"What was done was completely in violation of the law", Edwards said.
Fletcher says he told school administrators that wearing his "blues" was within his rights as long as he fulfilled all school requirements and completed basic training.
Fletcher's wife, Valentina Fletcher, and their 6-month-old son shared in the special moment.
- Trump vs. Comey: Lawmakers turn up heat on president about contradictory claims
- Tyronn Lue says the Cavaliers were 'too nice' to start the Finals
- Dentistes. En grève cette semaine en Bretagne
- Scott Pruitt Leaves G7 Climate Meeting More Than A Day Early
- Secret Service says it has no tapes of Trump's White House conversations
- Exxon shareholders approve measure on climate-change report
- Philippines appears to reverse position on outside military help
- Author eats his book on live TV after incorrect UK poll prediction
- Undertale Coming to PS4 and PS Vita This Summer
- United Kingdom vote a gamble that could complicate Brexit: Europe leaders