Oklahoma will not retain head baseball coach Pete Hughes, a source confirmed to The Oklahoman.
Kendall Rogers of D1 Baseball first reported the news Monday afternoon.
Things went awry from there, after OU was swept by rival Oklahoma State and went 0-2 in the Big 12 tournament.
"We're in great shape", he said after the Xavier loss.
Explosion levels 2 homes, damages dozens more in Illinois
The people say the residents of the home that exploded are still on vacation but have seen the damage in photos sent by neighbors. Be proactive - Use the "Flag as Inappropriate" link at the upper right corner of each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
This past season, OU went 35-24 overall and 12-11 in the Big 12, and advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the first time under Hughes. "When you have a whole dugout that's as disappointed in the result as I am, then you have the right guys".
OU dropped five of its final six games, reflecting a trend of poor finishes. Aside from a 10-5 record after May 1 in 2016, OU teams were 14-24 down the stretch during the Hughes era. Hughes has been a head coach for 21 years, compiling a record of 652-292-3 at Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Boston College and Trinity (Texas).
OU didn't make the regionals in Hughes' first three years, and although it did in year No. 4, the Sooners had high hopes after starting the season 17-2 and being ranked in the top 10 in national polls.
In 2013, Golloway's Sooners beat Hughes' Virginia Tech team to win the Blacksburg regional just a few weeks before Hughes replaced Golloway. This is the second mega-move among the OU athletics department. OU's commitment to baseball includes a $10 million renovation plan for L. Dale Mitchell Park, which was announced in May.
- Législatives : Royal a voté En Marche! et déplore les "divisions" du PS
- Cavaliers season ends with Game 5 loss to Warriors
- Qatar finance minister dismisses concerns of food shortages
- James spectacular again, but his efforts not enough for Cavs
- At least 35 bodies found at Manila casino
- German ZEW economic indicator drops in June
- Refs clarify odd Draymond Green-Steve Kerr technical foul switcheroo
- Smith slams Australia's bowling performance after draw
- What the United Kingdom election quake means for the world
- Indulgent names make vegetables more appealing