The Golden State Warriors used a 28-4 flurry in the second quarter to take a lead they never relinquished, then relied on the scoring of Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry down the stretch to hold off the Cleveland Cavaliers en route to a 129-120 victory Monday night, clinching their second National Basketball Association championship in the past three seasons.
In Game 5 he was 14-of-20 from the field, including 5-of-8 on 3-pointers. This second title in three years very well could be one of many more.
The only other possible choice was LeBron James, who became the first player in Finals history to average a triple-double.
Drafted second overall in 2007, Durant went on to average 20.3 points per game in his rookie campaign with the Seattle SuperSonics, one of the few bright spots during the team's dismal season, and was a runaway victor of the NBA Rookie of the Year award.
Durant responded with a tough turnaround jumper and Iguodala backed him up with another three-pointer to go up 103-95.
Un séisme de magnitude de 6,3 ressenti à Athènes et Istanbul
Une femme âgée d'une soixantaine d'années est morte dans l'effondrement du toit de sa maison, a rapporté le maire de l'île. Le séisme a également endommagé plusieurs bâtiments anciens de Lesbos et de l'île voisine de Chios.
According to a Golden State Warriors source, a person paid $133,000 for two floor seats to Game 5 at Oracle Arena.
But it's one they had to have, and a series that wasn't living up to its hype and seemed headed for a quick conclusion is California bound for Game 5 on Monday night. After his team lost Game 5 and Game 6, he said his team was in a great position - a great position after Game 5 because the Warriors had a 3-2 series lead and a great position after Game 6 because the series was shifting back to Oakland for Game 7.
Whether it's extending a season with a pair of 40-point performances or hitting the series-deciding 3-pointer in a Game 7 win a year ago, Irving's already stellar game has risen to another level whenever the Cavs have faced elimination.
"Turnovers. Turnovers. Bad shot selection", Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said of that run. You get punched in the face you want to respond. Golden State is now favored by 8.5 points at most sportsbooks, per Oddsshark.
"Listen, at the end of the day, we want to just try to put ourself in position to play another game, and we did that tonight and hopefully we can do it Monday night where we can come back here", James said. So you just got to take it tomorrow, and it's on us.
Cleveland could never fully close the gap, the lead fluctuated between four and nine, with it being at five heading into the fourth.
- Assessing Trump's self-defense in Comey drama
- 9th Circuit Appeals Court largely upholds block on Trump's revised travel ban
- Jury gets case in Cosby sex assault trial
- Bill Gates in Atlanta: Foundation, Rotary commit $450 million to end polio
- Boston Red Sox select Tanner Houck in the 2017 MLB Draft
- United Kingdom vote a gamble that could complicate Brexit: Europe leaders
- US opts out of G7 pledge committing to Paris climate accord
- Russia protests: Activist Navalny detained, wife tweets
- Charlie Gard's parents await decision from European Court of Human Rights
- Someone reportedly just paid the highest price for seats in National Basketball Association history