Investors from China are understood to have first shown an interest in buying Newcastle past year when the Magpies were competing in the Championship.
He is not set to feature in the Magpies plans as they prepare for their return to the top flight.
The sportswear magnate has already promised manager Rafael Benitez "every last penny that the club generates" from promotion, player sales and other income in the wake of promotion, and the Spaniard and chief executive Lee Charnley are now working on his summer transfer wish-list.
Mitrovic says he will be content to remain on Tyneside should no offers materialise but will hold talks with the club and manager Rafael Benitez over his future.
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley could be ready to listen to genuine offers for the club amid interest from China. The 22-year-old has scored 15 goals in over 50 games for the club.
Trump Commits '100 Percent' to Testifying Under Oath
Trump cryptically refused to say whether his private conversations with Comey were taped . "I hardly know the man". Under US law, presidential records are public and can not be destroyed without prior approval.
But his physical power and aerial ability has not been matched by his scoring record at Newcastle, with Mitrovic's 59 league appearances yielding only 13 league goals.
Mitrovic has five goals so far in the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign, and Sunday's equaliser in the 1-1 draw against Wales took Serbia back to the top of the Group D standings. I said, "that's fine".
Newcastle do have a squad full of experienced Premier League players, something that fellow promoted teams Brighton and Huddersfield do lack.
He is also arguably reaching his peak, and having come through the youth ranks at St. James' Park his understanding of the club's ethos will be vital as they bid to get back to their best.
"Everything depends on us and now we have Moldova at home in our next game".
- 'Illustrious' career on hold: Cranston suspended from ATO during criminal probe
- Undertale Coming to PS4 and PS Vita This Summer
- USAA says it will reinstate ads on 'Hannity'
- Scott Pruitt Leaves G7 Climate Meeting More Than A Day Early
- Charlie Gard's parents await decision from European Court of Human Rights
- UK urges Gulf states to ease blockade against Qatar
- Apple Legalizes In-App Tipping for Content Creators
- Un séisme de magnitude de 6,3 ressenti à Athènes et Istanbul
- Secret Service says it has no tapes of Trump's White House conversations
- Tyronn Lue says the Cavaliers were 'too nice' to start the Finals