Kathy Griffin has been contacted by the Secret Service in the wake of her controversial photoshoot in which she held up a fake bloody head of President Trump - and has also been receiving death threats, her attorney said Friday.
When "Extra's" Renee Bargh asked about Melania Trump's statement questioning Kathy's mental health, Griffin replied, "I think there's a lot of people in this administration that seem, like, super nuts, and I think it's weird that you guys or anybody's acting like they're not".
The Associated Press reports that during her press conference, Griffin both pledged to keep making fun of Trump, and, as the AP report says, Griffin "tearfully predicted her career is over and said Trump 'broke me'".
On Wednesday, Griffin was sacked from her gig on CNN's New Year's Eve program, which she had co-hosted alongside Anderson Cooper since 2007.
"I'm not good at being appropriate", she said. "I'm the shiny object so that nobody's talking about his FBI investigation". It's in your face.
"I'm going to be honest", she said through tears.
"As a result of the first family bullying her, she has been vilified, getting death threats, fired from multiple jobs and had multiple events canceled", Bloom said.
$15 an hour needed for 2-bedroom rental in New Mexico
In only 12 counties can a full-time worker earning the prevailing federal or state minimum wage afford a one-bedroom rental home. At minimum wage - $8.44 an hour - a New Jersey resident would have to work 129 hours per week to afford a two-bedroom at FMR.
Griffin appeared surprised at the number of cameras and reporters in a packed conference room at her lawyer's office in Los Angeles, her hands shaking at one point when she took a sip of water. Squatty Potty, which had previously announced a partnership with Griffin, announced Wednesday it had dropped her as a spokeswoman.
"If you don't stand up, you get run over", Griffin said.
She also added, "I'm not afraid of Donald Trump".
Members of the Trump family, including the president himself, have since responded to photo, criticizing her for her actions.
On Twitter earlier this week, Trump said the image of Griffin was "sick", and that it had traumatized his family, especially Barron, his 11-year-old son.
She says that she's been forced to hire a criminal attorney, but that she has a first amendment right to publicly parody the President.
"Kathy did not forget that disgusting remark", the lawyer said, explaining that it prompted her to team up with a photographer to show "what it would look like if his own insults were turned on him".
- Second US appeals court keeps Donald Trump's travel ban blocked
- E3 2017 : Forza 7 fuite, date et premières images Scorpio dévoilées ?
- Cleveland Cavaliers top Golden State Warriors to stay alive
- Golden State Warriors beat Cleveland Cavaliers 129-120 to win National Basketball Association title
- Potcoin sponsoring Rodman's North Korea trip
- LeBron reacts to slur spray painted on LA home
- Search for Australian man missing in PNG boat accident called off
- Saudi Arabia says Qatar airspace closure to protect citizens from threats
- Warriors clinch National Basketball Association title to continue golden age
- Four Oklahoma Inmates Escape Through Same Ventilation System Used Before