US Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-NY) prepares to speak to the media on Capitol Hill on June 6, 2017 in Washington, DC.
"Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication.and WOW, Comey is a leaker", Trump tweeted after Comey testified in front of a Senate committee this past Thursday.
The tweet was the second social media lash out from Trump towards the fired Federal Bureau of Investigation director since Comey's dramatic testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.
"I think we could work out a way that it could be dignified, public, with questions, with [Senate Republican] Leader [Mitch] McConnell", said the Democratic senator from NY.
Comey had last week said that he believed Trump asked him to end an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, which Trump has denied. Comey also laid out specifics on at least two private phone calls initiated by Trump and said that altogether, they had had nine conversations.
Schumer invites Trump to testify before Senate
Clearly, the president didn't want anyone else to hear what he had to say to Comey. "I think we kicked off the game yesterday". Discussing the meeting in which Comey says Trump asked him to back off Flynn, Democratic Sen. "Today, Mr.
"If there aren't tapes Trump should let that be known".
Bragging early in the campaign about his relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin, he said "I got to know him very well because we were both on "60 Minutes", even though they were on different segments from different locations.
"Wow", said Oliver, "that is not good, but at this point, saying something "damaged Trump's credibility" is like saying 'That graffiti is a real eyesore on that pile of dead pigeons".
The President had said Comey's testimony vindicates his assertion that Trump himself was not personally under the investigation.
- Dunn School's Michael wins soccer Gatorade Player of the Year
- Can the Queen say no to Theresa May?
- Le spectacle d'illumination du pont Jacques-Cartiuer sera repris le 25 juin
- Theresa May's stance might 'delay' EU-Brexit talks by a year
- Plane lands on Alligator Alley in Collier County
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- James Comey témoigne à charge contre Donald Trump — Etats-Unis
- Attorney General Sessions to face US Senate panel in public
- Universal Display Corporation (OLED) Position Raised by Quantitative Investment Management LLC
- Rafael Nadal Makes History at the French Open