"Especially when we see the U.S. position and the Senate sanctions bill [the same day as the terrorist attacks on Tehran which killed 17 people], all their objectives are revealed", Larijani said, adding "the enemy's strategy is to damage Iran's dignity and busy our authorities with side issues".
The report quoted Ahmad Fazelian, chief justice of Alborz province west of Tehran as saying: "These agents who were supporters of the two terrorist groups, and had full coordination with them, were arrested and they were delivered to Tehran's judicial and security authorities".
"The terrorists first went by auto to the mausoleum and after dropping two of them off, went to the city centre to attack parliament", the police said in a statement published on state media.
Former FBI chief's hearing latest in major distractions for Trump
Talk about meddling: Comey was especially unnerved in the February 14 meeting when Trump cleared the room to be alone with Comey. REPORTER: So if [Special Counsel] Robert Mueller wanted to speak with you about that, you would be willing to talk to him?
"Allah permitting, this brigade will be the first of jihad in Iran, and we ask our brothers the Muslims to follow us, as the fire that was ignited will not be put out, Allah permitting", one of the masked fighters said, according to SITE. On Friday, the United States embassy in Saudi Arabia issued a security notice to U.S. citizens recommending that they "exercise caution in places frequented by foreigners due to the continuing risk of terrorist attacks. across the Kingdom".
Abbasi said the attacks were unprecedented since the killing of Iranian lawmakers in 1980s. It was not clear when the five men returned to Iran.
Police said five people were arrested around Khomeini's shrine on suspicion of involvement, while the intelligence ministry said a third team had been stopped before the attacks started.
Wahhabism is the trademark of many terror outfits spreading death and destruction in the Middle East for years, including IS, which Iran is deeply involved in fighting with in Syria and Iraq.
- Qatar Airways urges United Nations action against Gulf boycott
- Artemis skipper takes a dive, avoids disaster
- Glencore bids for Rio Tinto Australian coal mines
- Woman DRAGGED along street by moped gang after refusing to let go of bag
- Planning mercato complet la semaine prochaine — Antero Henrique
- Belmont win was plenty compelling for Tapwrit's team
- Attorney General Sessions to talk publicly to US Senate panel
- Penguins seek refuge at home in Game 5
- Houck drafted 24th overall in MLB Draft by Boston
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13 Launched With Fingerprint Sensors