Everyone except Draymond Green and the Game 4 referees thought he would be ejected when he picked up a technical foul in the second half. He waved his arms in frustration at an official after being called for fouling Kevin Love and was hit with the tech, which would have triggered an automatic ejection.
Rather than it being Green's second technical foul - as it was listed on the stat sheet, and had been told to all of Quicken Loans Arena by the public address announcer - the officials huddled and determined that it was, in fact, his first.
Kerr said he thought the first technical was called on Green - though said he thought he deserved it - and believed his power forward was going to have to leave the floor when the one was called in the third quarter.
"No, I don't really pay no much attention", he said.
Former FBI chief's hearing latest in major distractions for Trump
Talk about meddling: Comey was especially unnerved in the February 14 meeting when Trump cleared the room to be alone with Comey. REPORTER: So if [Special Counsel] Robert Mueller wanted to speak with you about that, you would be willing to talk to him?
For several minutes, however, the only people who seemed to know that in the entire arena were the three officials. "It's insane to think that he thought it was my second technical foul and I would get a technical foul for that".
What happened on Friday is best described as shady, just like Dikembe Mutombo prematurely congratulating the 76ers on the first overall pick in the 2016 National Basketball Association draft, or the Knicks winning the '85 lottery. At that time, we did not do a very good job of listening to the PA announcer and we did not hear him announce it. And then, without announcing anything, Green remained in the game, and play resumed - leaving everyone who wasn't on the court confused as to what had actually taken place.
Late in Game 4 a year ago, Green swiped at LeBron James' groin and was subsequently given a flagrant foul.
"When the technical foul was called on Draymond Green, we reported it to the table", referee Mike Callahan said.
- Draymond Green gets in the mix in Game 4 against Cavs
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions to Testify Publicly on Tuesday
- Résultats législatives: déroute pour les anciens ministres de François Hollande
- Artemis skipper takes a dive, avoids disaster
- Monster Hunter World annoncé sur PS4 durant la conférence de Sony
- Attorney General Sessions to talk publicly to US Senate panel
- Abstention record et Emmanuel Macron en marche vers la majorité absolue — Législatives
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13 Launched With Fingerprint Sensors
- Apple makes Mac computers faster, targets professional users
- Iranian security forces kill mastermind of Tehran terror attacks