Rep. Brad Sherman, an L.A. -area congressman who joined the effort to impeach President Trump last week, is now circulating his formal proposal to colleagues and asking them for support.
Congress has sufficient grounds to hold President Trump to account for obstruction of justice. "If a real Trump scandal comes along, the Democrats will be haunted by a decision to spend their political capital and credibility on a scandal that came up short". "I've gotten some encouragement from a few.no one has said it is inappropriate to move forward at the current time". Trump has denied telling former FBI Director James Comey to back off on the Flynn probe.
"You are not going to get another "All the President's Men" out of this story", he said, adding that "so far, there is no silver bullet that will bring the president down".
One of the oldest (and most trusted) hands in America told a large group of CEOs in New York City on Friday: "Simply put, Trump has lost control of his presidency".
Rep. Brad Sherman sent a letter to his legislative colleagues Monday announcing that he plans to force a floor vote on his measure.
On Sunday, former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said there is evidence to begin a case for obstruction of justice against Trump. "And the national interest requires that we do so".
Artemis skipper takes a dive, avoids disaster
Earlier in the day Team New Zealand won the first race on their smaller foils - a surprise in the lighter conditions. New Zealand's Peter Burling took advantage of the mis-step and gained a commanding lead.
Sherman's article claims that in order to hinder or terminate the criminal investigations, Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to cut short the Flynn investigation, and then fired Comey to relieve the pressure of the Russian Federation investigation. Other Republicans criticized the president but said his behavior did not reach the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors".
The California Democrat said she still seeks an independent commission to investigate, but wants to "dampen down any talk of impeachment, unless you have the facts, but not just to say it, not just to inflame the situation".
The vote is doomed to fail, Sherman admitted in his statement, since Democrats are a minority in the House. "I have no illusions", the congressman explains.
"As the investigations move forward, additional evidence supporting additional Articles of Impeachment may emerge".
The House must initiate impeachment proceedings, and the Senate is charged with carrying out impeachment trials.
- Draymond Green Says Clevelanders "Don't Seem To Be The Sharpest People Around"
- Belmont win was plenty compelling for Tapwrit's team
- Steph and KD chastise reporter for asking question about Curry squatting
- USMNT: Yanks Fight For Draw In Azteca: Recap and Player Ratings
- Iranian security forces kill mastermind of Tehran terror attacks
- Planning mercato complet la semaine prochaine — Antero Henrique
- Apple App Store update moves tipping to in-app purchase territory
- Impatient Brussels hosts Brexit 'talks about talks'
- Justices side with Microsoft in Xbox 360 class action case
- Extrait / Gameplay - God of War - Kratos envoie du bois à l'E3 2017 !