Notably, Houck was able to pitch Missouri to its first ever win over SEC-rival Vanderbilt on May 6th.
The White Sox used their first-round pick in the Major League Baseball amateur draft Monday evening on one of the top college bats available. In mock drafts, Houck was projected to go 27th by MLB.com, 21st by ESPN, and 23rd by Baseball America. This past season, he pitched to a 3.33 ERA in 94 2⁄3 innings with 95 strikeouts and 24 walks. He has a borderline changeup, with the hope that the Red Sox player development staff help him with it.
With their second round pick in the MLB Draft, the Red Sox selected Cole Brannen, an outfielder from the Westfield School in Perry, Ga. This year was filled with quality college arms.
"Whether Burger can stick at third base will depend on how much work the team that drafts him is willing to do".
Wisconsin Corn Mill Explosion Leaves At Least 1 Dead, Dozens Injured
Cambria Village President Glen Williams said the plant, in a community of about 770 people, is an economic anchor in the area. Two years later, Didion Milling began construction to make the ethanol production process more efficient using a U.S.
Houck, 20, joins fellow right-handers Kyle Gibson (No. 22 by the Twins in 2009), Aaron Crow (No. 12 by the Royals in 2009) and Max Scherzer (No. 11 by the Diamondbacks in 2006) as Mizzou's fourth first-round pick in program history.
While there might have been better quality arms that were on the board, Tanner Houck should make a very quick impact. When the rosters expand to 40 men, there is a decent chance that he can be a member of the bullpen.
With the lack of quality starting pitching in the system, this also fills a need.
Opponents hit a paltry.209 against Houck during his sophomore year, which included his only two career shutouts. First overall pick Dansby Swanson, originally drafted by the Diamondbacks, was traded to the Braves and is already their starting shortstop. While the Red Sox did not reach for a player, it does not seem that they got someone who will have a very high ceiling. That year, they selected Deven Marrero out of Arizona State at No. 24 overall.
- Tyronn Lue says the Cavaliers were 'too nice' to start the Finals
- United Kingdom vote a gamble that could complicate Brexit: Europe leaders
- Secret Service says it has no tapes of Trump's White House conversations
- Exxon shareholders approve measure on climate-change report
- Dentistes. En grève cette semaine en Bretagne
- Philippines appears to reverse position on outside military help
- Smirnoff Takes Swipe at Donald Trump, Offering Russia Testimony in Billboard
- 'Illustrious' career on hold: Cranston suspended from ATO during criminal probe
- Un séisme de magnitude de 6,3 ressenti à Athènes et Istanbul
- Charlie Gard's parents await decision from European Court of Human Rights