I'm saying this out loud.
Spare a thought for Matthew Goodwin, a British professor whose overconfidence pre-UK election has led him to the absolute bizarrest form of rock bottom: eating his own book live on British TV.
Philippines appears to reverse position on outside military help
The official gave no details of the United States involvement, but a USA surveillance plan was see flying over Marawi on Friday. Ties between the U.S. and the Philippines have been strained since President Rodrigo Duterte took office in June a year ago .
"I am surprised that Corbyn added two percentage points to what I projected, and I did say that I would eat this book", Goodwin said, holding a copy of his book on Brexit.
Appearing on Sky News on Saturday, he was asked if he is a man of his word, to which he replied: "Well indeed I am. I'm just going to sit here and eat my book while you guys carry on".
Matthew Goodwin, a British author and political expert, was in a dicey situation when his prediction on the Labour party's share in the polls was miscalculated.
The book has 272 pages and we're not sure if he ate everything. While people on the social media began to worry about the health effect of the act, the Sky News producer tweeted that Goodwin did not swallow the page he was munching on.
- United Kingdom vote a gamble that could complicate Brexit: Europe leaders
- US opts out of G7 pledge committing to Paris climate accord
- Wisconsin Corn Mill Explosion Leaves At Least 1 Dead, Dozens Injured
- Everything you need to know about the insanely powerful Xbox One X
- Smirnoff Takes Swipe at Donald Trump, Offering Russia Testimony in Billboard
- Trump Commits '100 Percent' to Testifying Under Oath
- Tyronn Lue says the Cavaliers were 'too nice' to start the Finals
- Un séisme de magnitude de 6,3 ressenti à Athènes et Istanbul
- Qatar Hires Former US Attorney General to Face Terrorism Charges
- Exxon shareholders approve measure on climate-change report