A Sydney Uber driver who raped a drunk female passenger who fell asleep in the back of his auto has been jailed for a maximum of nine years.
Muhammad Naveed, 41, had pleaded not guilty in the New South Wales state District Court to raping the 22-year-old woman in October 2015.
Naveed stopped in a petrol station on the way and purchased condoms, before driving into a dark laneway, helping the woman get into the back seat and then raping her.
Payne sentenced Naveed to nine years with a minimum non-parole period of six years and four months.
The court heard the woman had leant up against a street sign to remove her shoes and began walking along Bayswater Road.
Sergio Ramos credits Jose Mourinho for Champions League success
Some more than others!" "I have a special affection for him and always wish him the best", Ramos said. Inter Milan were in big trouble.
Muhammad Naveed, 41, claimed he had consensual sex with the woman in his auto in 2015, but was convicted by a jury.
A jury convicted him of rape in February.
Prosecutors said that during the incident the woman did not have the strength to push Naveed away and that she had tried to say "get off".
"He clearly took advantage. of a very vulnerable young lady".
- NBA - LeBron James: "Golden State est là pour durer"
- Qatar Downplays Effects of Diplomatic Crisis
- Attorney General Sessions to testify in an open hearing before Senate committee
- Wonder Woman 2 Will Take Diana to America
- Arkansas police officer slain; search ongoing for suspect
- Pakistani PM hopes for swift solution to crisis over Qatar
- May could be forced into Unionist deal
- DUP leader says talks with Britain's Conservatives 'positive'
- Législatives : Royal a voté En Marche! et déplore les "divisions" du PS
- The questions that could determine Sessions' fate