The Powerball jackpot, which was won by a lucky soul in California on Saturday , soared to almost $448 million, after last week's drawing failed to yield a victor for the top prize.
A person who has yet to be identified will likely be pocketing the tenth-largest lottery prize in US history, after lottery officials confirmed a winning Powerball ticket worth $448 million was sold in California Saturday night. Lottery officials said the earliest the ticket could be redeemed is 8 a.m. Monday.
The earliest the victor could claim their prize was 8 a.m. Sunday; the victor will have one year from the draw date to come forward.
Chris Raff of Lincoln, Neb., hands a Powerball ticket to a customer in Omaha, Neb., Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Owner Matthew Alberre said Sunday he has not received much information about the bonus the store will receive and doesn't know what his family will do with the $1 million that officials have said is set aside for the store that sold the winning ticket.
The cash prize would be $279.1 million.
Ostapenko claims French Open title
A telling statistic: Of the 33 points Halep won in the first set, only one - yes, just one! - came via a victor off her racket. Ostapenko's beaming smile as she raised the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen was the only thing sunnier than her strokes all fortnight.
The almost half-a-billion dollar jackpot is the seventh largest in Powerball history, and reportedly the tenth largest in US lottery history.
The store is just off a highway in an area originally developed as a retirement community. Both amounts do not figure in a deduction for taxes.
Powerball's jackpot hit a record $1.6 billion in January 2016, when three winning tickets were sold in Florida, California and Tennessee.
"We're so blessed for this to happen", said Alberre, who owns the store with his father.
The jackpot for Wednesday's drawing will be $40 million.
Menifee has about 89,000 residents.
- L'Insee confirme un dixième trimestre de créations nettes d'emplois en France — Economie
- Wonder Woman lassos fans with box office hit
- Warriors' Draymond Green will be on the court for this Game 5
- E3 2017 : Skull & Bones pirate la conférence Ubisoft
- Législatives: l'abstention atteindrait un record de 50 à 51%
- Former Nebraska-Lincoln chancellor gets jail time in Jerry Sandusky case
- Morgan Cooper picked by Dodgers
- $447M Powerball ticket sold in California; jackpot resets to $40M
- Uber chief business officer to leave company amid turmoil
- David Quessenberry wins PFWA's Halas Award