A measure of melodic phrasing.
Gorsuch read a portion of the opinion from the bench.
Gorsuch used the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act's text in his opinion on the case, which found that Santander Consumer USA is not a debt collector because it bought a $3.5 billion portfolio of auto loan debts that CitiFinancial hired it to collect, The Hill reports.
Writing for the court, Gorsuch said Santander didn't qualify as a debt collector under the law because it had bought the defaulted loans from another lender.
Logitech's latest mouse mat is a giant wireless charging pad
The Powerplay mat should be arriving on the scene in August and is supported by Windows 7 or later. We have not found that to be an issue with some wireless mice, including our in that category.
The high court's newest member concluded that debt collector laws may change in the future but not the role of the judiciary in analyzing them.
"Disruptive dinnertime calls, downright deceit, and more besides drew Congress's eye to the debt collection industry", he wrote.
Free webinar: Register now to learn how the State Department, FCC, CIA, EPA and GSA are implementing their cloud strategies.
CitiFinancial argued if Congress had been aware of defaulted debt purchasers like Santander, it would have treated them like traditional debt collectors because they pose similar risks of abusive collection practices.
Rules that apply to debt collectors do not extend to companies that purchase debts, according to the unanimous Supreme Court ruling.
- Elections législatives en métropole : sont qualifiés pour le 2e tour
- As Microsoft Corp (MSFT) Valuation Rose, Holder Meritage Portfolio Management Boosted Holding
- Majority of Tory members want Theresa May to quit
- Sky suffer record drop in viewers for Prem games
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (HBAN) Going Through Hard Times This Year
- La République en marche largement en tête — LEGISLATIVES EN FRANCE
- Montana's Gianforte avoids jail time for reporter assault
- [E3 2017] Microsoft annonce Forza Motorsport 7
- Sam Taylor-Johnson reveals Fifty Shades regret: 'EL James didn't like me'
- Kathy Griffin Blames the Trumps for Career Downfall