Unionized employees of the Toronto Zoo ratified a proposed contract after the zoo closed when more than 400 workers went on a strike that lasted a month.
The zoo's managers will vote on the accord today, and if they too ratify the agreement, the union says the zoo could re-open by Thursday.
"We want to thank our valued guests, members and clients for their patience during the labour disruption and we look forward to their continued support for the Toronto Zoo as a world leader in conservation, education and scientific program", the zoo said in a statement on Monday.
Before the contract was ratified by unionized staff, the zoo's board chair and chief executive called the contract "fair, reasonable and acknowledges the unique work that is done at the zoo".
"The ratification process is now underway", she said.
May returns foe in bid to unite party
Mr Brady later confirmed Mrs May will be attending a meeting of the Tory backbench 1922 Committee on Monday afternoon. Later, the Scottish Tory leader said she had received "categoric assurances" from the PM over LGBTI rights.
Twins Jia Panpan (meaning Canadian Hope) and his sister Jia Yueyue (Canadian Joy) were born October 13, 2015.
Members of Local 1600 of the Canadian Union of Public Employees voted to ratify the agreement on Sunday. "This was a month of struggle, for the right reasons, and I am incredibly proud of what our members have achieved", said Christine McKenzie, President of CUPE 1600.
"The strike may be over, but our commitment to advocating for good jobs and the animals we care for will never end".
"Our members understood that their bargaining committee negotiated the best possible agreement on their behalf".
The board would also make decisions about how quickly the zoo could reopen to the public after a month of closure.
- Interest reported in Newcastle after Premier League return
- Tony Awards TV audience slumps without 'Hamilton'
- Dead Woman Walking': Amid Election Fallout, Theresa May Stands On Shaky Ground
- Theresa May's speech in full on forming Government with DUP
- Bette Midler Outlasts Playoff Music During Tony Awards Acceptance Speech!
- Somewhat Positive Press Coverage Likely to Impact Nordstrom (JWN) Share Price
- Pitcher? Hitter? Both? MLB draft marked by two-way players
- EU sees Brexit talks delay after vote shock
- Battleship Texas closed, tilting as crews work to plug leaks
- Stay on or get out - pilot asks panicked passengers