Two Chinese nationals abducted and killed in Pakistan last month, whose murders were claimed by Islamic State, were preachers who abused the visa system, Pakistan said on Monday, contradicting earlier reports they were teachers.
The interior ministry identified the two as Lee Zing Yang, 24, and Meng Li Si, 26.
The interior minister was told that the abductees had gone to Quetta and were engaged in preaching under the garb of learning Urdu from a Korean national, Juan Won Seo, who is the owner of ARK Info Tech. It did not say what kind of preachers they were.
Taking serious note of laxity often shown by the Pakistani missions overseas during grant of visas, especially the business visas, the minister directed that all Pakistani missions were bound to undertake proper scrutiny of visa application forms. No bodies have been found but China said information provided by Pakistan suggested the two were probably dead.
A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Friday that China would continue to use various channels to gain and verify information about the reported killing of the two Chinese nationals kidnapped in Pakistan last month.
Expressing his deep concern over the unfortunate incident, the minister said that there is a need to review the process of issuance of visas to the Chinese nationals coming to Pakistan and simultaneously to maintain a databank of Chinese nationals staying in the country, the ministry said in a statement.
Forza Motorsport 7 Offically Announced
Xbox One X games will be playable on the Xbox One and, while there are no Xbox One X exclusives, games will see enhanced features. Appropriately, to coincide with the announcement of the Xbox One X , formerly Project Scorpio , comes Forza Motorsport 7 .
Nisar directed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs be taken on board and their input be included while formulating new visa policy guidelines for issuance of visas to the foreigners on various visa categories.
Pakistani officials have not confirmed the two are dead.
The kidnapping was a rare crime against Chinese nationals in Pakistan.
However, he was quick to point out that the visitors held some responsibility as well, and should inform local authorities about their movements and activities. It is possible that the visa policy for the regional ally China would be reviewed.
Interior Minister has directed security forces to probe into the matter and called for precautionary measures to avoid the misusage of visas in future.
- May seeks help of N. Irish party to form minority government
- Police Seeking Parents Of Boy Found Alone At Rainbow Beach Park
- Une candidate ne récolte aucune voix… pas même la sienne — Législatives
- Chinese warships dock in Pakistan
- Microsoft dévoile une vague de jeux indépendants à l'E3 2017
- La Xbox One X annoncée et datée pendant la conférence Microsoft
- Apple TV enables Amazon Video app, stalemate thaws
- UK defense minister Fallon says government views on Brexit haven't changed
- Mayor condemns Manchester far-right protest against 'Islamist terrorism'
- Muslims hand out 3000 roses at London Bridge after attack