The dawn-to-dusk bandh has been called to seek PM Modi's intervention to resolve the interstate Mahadayi river dispute and a speedy solution to the drinking water problems in Kolar, Chikkaballapur, Davanagere and Chitradurga districts. Among their demands are farm loan waivers and water scarcity in the state's driest areas. Kannada organisations led by activist Vatal Nagaraj have threatened to pelt stones at buses, if they do not extend support.
The normal life will not be affected with the bandh as informed by the protesters.
As many as 20,000 police personnel have been deployed across Bengaluru to prevent any disruption as the protesting organisation will be holding march from Town Hall to Freedom Park on Monday, said The Indian Express report. "Kannada Okoota". This bandh will be conducted in a peaceful manner until Narendra Modi gets into the issue and solve it immeadiately.
A statewide bandh has been called in Kannada on Monday by two groups with a long list of demands, but many public services are expected to run as usual.
Union leaders and officials have said that the transport services will be normal.
Ireland's European Union commissioner sees softer Brexit after United Kingdom poll - newspaper
May said Barwell would help her "reflect on the election and why it did not deliver the result I hoped for". "He's in a permanent leadership campaign so I am not sure it qualifies as news", he said.
Due to Karnataka bandh, Visvesvaraya Technological University has postponed its seventh semester examination. The officials of BMRCL have said that the Namma metro will be operational.
Deputy Commissioner, Bengaluru Urban, V Shankar, said that schools and colleges would remain open. The fourth-semester postgraduate exams of Bengaluru University have been postponed.
Taxi and auto-rickshaw unions have not joined the bandh.
The exams for Diploma in Education and Diploma in Elementary Education scheduled for Monday have been put off by a day, Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board director said in a statement.
However, the Kannada Okoota is trying their best to ensure that commercial establishments are made aware of the bandh and they stay shut on Monday.
- Notre-Dame attacker lunges at cop with hammer in dramatic video
- Trump blasts ex-FBI director James Comey on Twitter as 'cowardly'
- Arab states blacklist dozens of 'Qatari terrorism links', Doha calls move 'baseless'
- Gatland says All Blacks won't be too big a step up
- Collins: Trump should give a 'yes or no' on tapes
- Gareth Bale rejects Manchester United move
- Côte d'Ivoire-Inter/Forte abstention au premier tour des législatives 2017 en France
- Irving saves his best for when Cavs face Finals elimination
- Theresa May to form fragile government after UK election debacle
- Morocco Offers Helping Hand in Mediating Qatar Crisis