Women across the country are being warned about the recall of a popular oral contraceptive after the Food and Drug Administration announced the nationwide birth control pill recall. The error is in the package they are in.
A birth control packaging mix-up could lead to unintended pregnancies. Besides, the lot number and expiration date on the package can not be seen.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact Lupin by phone at 1-800-399-2561, 8 a.m.to 5 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Those who use to take the Mibelas 24 Fe, might have noticed that the pills are not in the normal order.
Women should take immediate action if they believe they have been affected because of the packaging error. The placebo pills - which are the brown ones - are at the beginning of the pack instead of the end.
Delays on Brexit Talks to Cause Consequences to the British Economy
As a result, Moody's said it expected fiscal risks for the country to increase, because in its view, the budget deficit will likely increase this year and the next.
As of now, there are no reports of any adverse effects from this issue, according to the FDA. She said that this situation is not the same as missing one pill in the middle of the cycle, which is not that important.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with the tablets.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals is recalling Mibelas 24 Fe (Norethindrone Acetate and Ethinyl Estradiol 1 mg/0.02 mg chewable and ferrous fumarate 75 mg), a chewable birth control tablet. Women can return the tablets to the place where they bought them to get a full refund.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals is among the top five pharmaceutical companies in India, but Baltimore, Maryland is the headquarters for sales and marketing. The FDA says this could cause unwanted pregnancies in women who took the tablets on the wrong days. If they don't have the period at the end of the pack, they should go for a pregnancy test.
- 'Sorry' Theresa May promises to reflect on changes after election setback
- Golden Entertainment to buy American Casino & Entertainment for $850m
- Sadiq Khan aims to turn London into 'world's leading smart city'
- Predictions for Cavs-Warriors ahead of Game 5
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Will Testify About Ongoing Russia Probe
- Lewis Hamilton lifts the Canadian GP 2017
- Ex-FBI Director James Comey visits hometown, dad
- Germany's Merkel says digital world needs global rules
- Everything we know about the next Xbox, called Xbox One X
- Champions Trophy 2017: India thrash South Africa to reach semi-final