Apple is putting a stop to app developers from endlessly spamming their users with review requests. The modifications to the App Store was first noticed by 9to5Mac. Devs can now instead supplement their app name with a subtitle to give more explanation of the app. Apple has tightened control over the rating system too, forcing developers to use Apple's API to get ratings.
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) has new App Store policy updates that move any voluntary in-app tipping to the category of formal in-app purchase and Apple can take its 30% cut.
Writing on Medium, Johnny Lin highlights a number of (seemingly now removed) apps which are free to download, but hit you with high weekly subscription fees, in one case charging as much as $99.99 (around £80/AU$130) every 7 days. Worse, some of them are rising high in the App Store rankings, as a new report details. A user can only receive the prompt three times per year.
Apple has released a new revenue stream that could unleash a new community of digital content creators, which is already thriving in China.
Ouverture des bureaux de vote pour le premier tour du scrutin — France/législatives
Macron réjouit ceux qui, en Europe, pressent depuis des années la France de s'engager sur le chemin des réformes structurelles. Lors de ce premier tour, les électeurs des deux îles du Nord des Antilles ont été peu nombreux à se mobiliser.
Users will also be able to opt out of receiving pop-ups entirely.
Earlier in order to rate some app users were forced to leave the app and visit App store for rating the app which was time-consuming and inconvenient.
In response to the new policy, Chinese companies behind popular apps such as Jinri Toutiao, Zhihu and Yingke have all changed the way customers tip through the latest versions of their Apps.
- Iran arrests dozens of Islamic State 'agents' following Tehran attacks
- Photos and winners: 71st annual Tony Awards
- Outsiders triumph as 'Dear Evan Hansen' wins big at Tonys
- Xbox One X 4K UHD Blu-ray: HDR10, Yes; Dolby Vision, No
- Michel Hazanavicius présidera le festival de Deauville en septembre
- E3 2017 : A Way Out, le coop made in EA
- A hung Parliament - 5 things to know
- Russian, Iranian foreign ministers call for Qatar talks
- United Kingdom voters take to polls in general election
- Derby make £1m bid for Liverpool's Andre Wisdom