Paul Pogba, the world's most expensive footballer and a man who, less than a fortnight ago, lost his father to a long-term illness, gave United the lead with a 25-yard deflected strike.
"This is just football but what happened on Monday was terrible".
"It was hard to train yesterday but the manager told us is that the only thing we could do is win this for them".
The Dutchman took his side into the game at the Friends Arena in Stockholm hoping to spring a surprise and win the trophy.
Rooney could not say if the game would be his last in a Manchester United shirt. "It's a pity we can not fly with the happiness we always have before a big game", he added. He knows since March who I want, what I want, how much I want.
United dedicate win to terror attack victims
The Red Devils' Premier League form especially at Old Trafford this season was what eventually saw them miss out a finish in the top four, but Mourinho stated that their Europa League win was the best way to get into Europe's elite competition next season.
"The motivation is always big when you put a United shirt on, because we represent the greatest club in England one of the biggest in the world", added Herrera.
It had been reported that the deal was effectively done after United's Europa League success secured Champions League qualification, but Griezmann used his Twitter account to call those rumours "unfounded," adding that he would only make a decision after holding talks with his sporting advisor. "We wouldn't think twice".
On a poignant night in Stockholm, coloured by vivid thoughts of Monday's fatal terror attack in Manchester, United's supporters sang tributes to their grieving city, but also to their manager. It means going back to the Champions League and playing in the European Super Cup next August. "And we are very happy." . We know we've got the players capable of winning the league but it didn't happen - we've had to play through the Europa League to get to the Champions League.
Goalkeeper David de Gea is once again being linked with Real Madrid, Mourinho's former club, while veteran midfielder Michael Carrick and club captain Wayne Rooney may have played their final games for United.
After Comey accuses Trump of lying, President calls him a 'leaker'
But it added to damaging perceptions of the president, at home and overseas , that are not in America's best interests. Mr Trump said Arab leaders he met with in Saudi Arabia last month had urged him to confront Qatar over its behaviour.
- Apple TV to Get Amazon Prime Video
- Liverpool sensationally pull out of Van Dijk transfer
- Arab nations add people, groups with Qatar links to terrorism list
- Diamondback Energy Commmon Stock (NASDAQ:FANG) Short Interest Decreased By 15.67%
- May says she will form new British government
- Morneau to talk trade, taxes with Trump Treasury Secretary Mnuchin in Ottawa
- Where to watch Game 6 of Stanley Cup Final in Middle Tennessee
- US Box Office Had Worst Memorial Day Weekend Since 1999
- How Does Retail Properties of America, Inc. (RPAI) Stack Up Right Now?
- Trump Commits To NATO Security Clause After Refusing A Few Weeks Ago