Paul Pogba, the world's most expensive footballer and a man who, less than a fortnight ago, lost his father to a long-term illness, gave United the lead with a 25-yard deflected strike.
"This is just football but what happened on Monday was terrible".
"It was hard to train yesterday but the manager told us is that the only thing we could do is win this for them".
The Dutchman took his side into the game at the Friends Arena in Stockholm hoping to spring a surprise and win the trophy.
Rooney could not say if the game would be his last in a Manchester United shirt. "It's a pity we can not fly with the happiness we always have before a big game", he added. He knows since March who I want, what I want, how much I want.
United dedicate win to terror attack victims
The Red Devils' Premier League form especially at Old Trafford this season was what eventually saw them miss out a finish in the top four, but Mourinho stated that their Europa League win was the best way to get into Europe's elite competition next season.
"The motivation is always big when you put a United shirt on, because we represent the greatest club in England one of the biggest in the world", added Herrera.
It had been reported that the deal was effectively done after United's Europa League success secured Champions League qualification, but Griezmann used his Twitter account to call those rumours "unfounded," adding that he would only make a decision after holding talks with his sporting advisor. "We wouldn't think twice".
On a poignant night in Stockholm, coloured by vivid thoughts of Monday's fatal terror attack in Manchester, United's supporters sang tributes to their grieving city, but also to their manager. It means going back to the Champions League and playing in the European Super Cup next August. "And we are very happy." . We know we've got the players capable of winning the league but it didn't happen - we've had to play through the Europa League to get to the Champions League.
Goalkeeper David de Gea is once again being linked with Real Madrid, Mourinho's former club, while veteran midfielder Michael Carrick and club captain Wayne Rooney may have played their final games for United.
Arsene Wenger's future to be decided later this week
" He has come back to the club because year after year he has been sent away [on loan] by managers ". Wenger said he would meet the Arsenal board on Tuesday to discuss his future.
- President Trump might have lost confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions
- Netflix Addresses The Fate Of 'Sense8' On Instagram
- New iPhone 8 renders show off running iOS 11 and design
- May says she will form new British government
- Apple TV to Get Amazon Prime Video
- Morneau to talk trade, taxes with Trump Treasury Secretary Mnuchin in Ottawa
- Theresa May, weakened after elections, remains as Britain's prime minister
- UK Authorities Identify Suspects in London Attack16:30
- Repo Man Shoots, Kills Man, While Repossessing Car, Dog Dies in Crossfire
- Arab nations add people, groups with Qatar links to terrorism list