Shikhar Dhawan on his comeback got some quality time out there in the middle hitting 40 off 59 balls.
India's innings had started badly when Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane both dragged on to their own stumps, leaving the overwhelming favourites struggling at 21-2. The right-handed number four batsman has come a long way since his debut when he was run out for 15 in a ODI against the West Indies in 2006.
However, Bangladesh have spent considerable time in the United Kingdom playing the tri-series with New Zealand and Ireland and will enter the tournament better prepared and eqipped.
"ICC tournaments are always a big opportunity for every player to prove themselves and I take this as a great opportunity for myself", he said.
French Open 2017: Rafael Nadal vs Stan Wawrinka
There had been speculation about whether they would be able to finish on Friday but that did not prove to be a problem. The really bad news for Wawrinka is that Nadal did not even play at his best, mostly because he did not have to.
Ross Taylor is matter-of-fact when he reviews his career and previews New Zealand's Champions Trophy hopes: is this the year he adds a world title to his list of credentials? The preparation so far has been satisfying.
The game features a match between crickets vs snails, which is a veiled reference to the fact that the game would work even on a slow networks including those on smartphones.
"It certainly was a wake-up call in the fact that you need to be able to adapt in different circumstances", England captain Eoin Morgan told reporters at the Oval on Wednesday. It is the crowd which creates the environment.
Tamim Iqbal, who has been closely involved in the team's rise as an ODI force, said they have worked to get to a level where oppositions are wary of them. Mitchell Starc is the other Australian in the team and leads the bowling attack which consists of New Zealand's Trent Boult, South African duo of Kagiso Rabada and Imran Tahir, as the sole spinner in the side.
Bangladesh at one point were teetering at 22-6, with fast-bowlers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Umesh Yadav each taking three wickets in an impressive bowling display from India. Facing them in real match time will mean good preparation ahead of the marquee clash against Pakistan, next Sunday.
- IOS 11 unveiled: New features coming to the iPhone this fall
- Wednesday Terror Attack On Tehran A Surprise Peek Into Political Fault Lines
- Real Madrid celebrations: Champions League trophy paraded at Bernabeu
- Police identify 3rd London attacker as terror investigation continues
- Wawrinka, destination Nadal — Roland-Garros
- United Kingdom election shock sinks sterling, damage limited elsewhere
- Cleveland Cavaliers Take A Win Against Warriors — Saturday Sports
- Many London Bridge attack witnesses 'have yet to speak to police'
- French president Macron confirms third French victim in London attack
- Theresa May announces partnership with Democratic Unionist Party