He did not know how many people were on the bus.
Churches in the Atlanta-area reportedly rallied to lend support to the church group, providing their homes and Chick-fil-A meals, according to a Facebook post by Mount Zion Baptist Church. The crash killed one of the teenage passengers, Sarah Harmening.
A church bus crash in Fulton County, Georgia, killed a 17-year-old girl and injured 37 others Thursday afternoon.
Police say none of those hospitalized have life-threatening injuries.
Investigators believe the bus driver tried to change lanes, collided with another vehicle then lost control.
Police said the driver of the bus tried to change lanes and collided with another auto.
The upside-down bus then slid into a Mercedes that was traveling in the westbound lanes.
Trump, Tillerson send mixed messages on Qatar
But while praising Qatar's emir for working to limit the funding of terror groups, Mr Tillerson said more needed to be done.
"Our daughter Sarah was a gift to us", Harmening said.
Vandiver said he spoke to them after the accident; however, they did not talk much about what happened.
Officials with Wellstar later confirmed in a press conference that they received a total of 24 patients at three different hospitals.
Smith said there were two people in the auto involved in the crash, but she wasn't sure of their conditions. She says the county is preparing to release an update on the wreck.
Harmening jotted her thoughts about the trip to Botswana in a spiral-bound notebook, starting with her feelings of sadness and apprehension. She wrote that she turned to the Bible for comfort and by the end of the journal entry, it was clear she found trust in the Lord.
Fox 5 Atlanta reports that the last journal entry of the Huntsville teen who tragically passed away in yesterday's bus crash expressed her wholehearted faith in Christ before the accident that claimed her life.
- Le travailliste Jérémy Corbyn appelle Theresa May à démissionner — Côte d'Ivoire/ Inter
- 'When UK ready', Brexit talks should start: EU's Michel Barnier
- Air Force Confirms Late KC-46 Delivery- 'Late Spring' Not December
- CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE:CBL) Reviewed By Analysts
- May under fresh pressure as top aides quit
- Baxter: Bafana Bamboozled Nigeria
- TV series' 'Batman' star Adam West dies at 88
- Comey goes medieval: 'Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?'
- Bethesda's E3 Surprises Leaked Ahead of Time
- Garcia, Djokovic, Nadal… Ce qu'il faut retenir de ce mercredi — Roland-Garros