The Cowboys lost significant 2016 snaps in their defensive secondary from last season this offseason, so rookies Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis are in line for significant roles right away.
Cowboys wideout Dez Bryant decided that was his method of choice Satuday, tweeting at Darrelle Revis and suggesting Dallas as the verteran cornerback's next home.
The Cowboys' passing defense finished the 2016 season ranked 26 in the National Football League after they surrendered an average of 260.4 passing yards per game. There have been rumors regarding the 31-year-old's commitment to the game, as well as talk that he's asking for too much money. Safeties Barry Church and J.J. Wilcox signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, respectively, while cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne left for the Baltimore Ravens and Jets.
The former Jet hasn't made a public response of yet, but considering the free agent market has been barren of opportunity ofor him, Revis would be wise to at least take a hard look at Bryant's offer.
US Special Forces Join Battle Against ISIS-Linked Group in Philippines
Reports also say two brothers thought be Maute leaders died in the battle, but their deaths have not been confirmed. A Philippine marine fires his weapon toward the stronghold of Maute group in Marawi City, southern Philippines.
They are now a very young group on the back end, with only Carroll and Orlando Scandrick having more than a few years of experience.
However, he's coming off one of his worst seasons and he'll turn 32 next month.
The Cowboys do have nearly $17 million in cap space, but they have been clear that their top priority is extending the contract of All-Pro right guard Zack Martin.
- Vijay Mallya booed with 'chor, chor' chants at Oval
- John Stones Disappointed with First Season at Manchester City
- India opt to field, Ashwin replaces Umesh against Proteas
- Merkel Sssumes UK To Stick With Its Brexit Talks Plan After Election
- Ostapenko believes 'anything is possible' after French Open win
- Attentat sur les Champs-Elysées : trois complices présumés de Karim Cheurfi écroués
- GB/élections: les conservateurs perdent leur majorité absolue (projections)
- Qatar blockade: Gulf states silent on Tillerson plea to ease measures
- EPFO to invest Rs 20000 crore in equities in 2017-18
- Germany's Joachim Loew bemused by Timo Werner jeers