During the questioning Thursday of former FBI Director James Comey, Sen. He is a good guy.
The quote is from a meeting in February where Trump sent everyone else out of the room and asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn, who has come under scrutiny for his ties to Russian officials and companies amid the backdrop of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. "I hope you can let this go". Comey documented his meetings with Trump, saying Thursday he anxious Trump would lie about the nature of their conversations if he didn't.
During their visit, McDonald showed her a note saying: "I hope and pray to God you did not say anything about a weapon when you were in Iowa".
Comey said he didn't know, but he interpreted Trump's statement as something stronger than how Risch was characterizing it.
Comey told Risch he took the President's "hope" as a directive because of the context. "It is the president of the United States, with me alone, saying 'I hope this.' I took it as this is what he wants me to do".
EPS for PNC Financial Services Group Inc (PNC) Expected At $0.00
Among 22 analysts covering Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. ( NYSE:XEL ), 1 have Buy rating, 1 Sell and 9 Hold. DEMCHAK WILLIAM S also sold $21.03M worth of PNC Financial Services Group Inc (NYSE:PNC) on Tuesday, February 28.
Comey said he couldn't name a case.
Obviously every case is different, but as to Risch's implication that an expression of "hope" as opposed to directly asking for a person to comply might not be enough to reach a legal threshold to prove obstruction of justice, that idea doesn't hold up.
"I don't as I sit here", Comey replied, which was the end of their exchange. "I certainly don't hold that against him", Senator Risch said.
"I don't think that was a leak in the classical sense".
- GB: Theresa May va chercher à former un nouveau gouvernement
- Corbyn : il faut faire les négociations sur le Brexit
- L'UE craint un report des négociations sur le Brexit
- Suspected militant killed in gunfight at Gurez along LoC
- Législatives au Royaume-Uni : Theresa May perd sa majorité absolue
- Top ranking and French final in touching distance for Pliskova
- Another arrest in London attack as third attacker is named
- Pound dives as UK plunges into new period of uncertainty
- French Open starts with Petra Kvitova's return
- Takeaways from Warriors vs. Cavaliers NBA Finals Game 3