For Theresa May, she over the time forgot that the underlying cause of vote to leave European Union was not against the European Union directives but was against the unfair, unjust and unbalanced economy status quo.
This phenomenon is known as a hung parliament, and in order to form a government, a coalition has to be formed. As one teaching student at the University of London told VOA, "I think most of us here were against Brexit past year".
The result also prompted criticism of May from within her own ranks as well as from the opposition. The country needed "strong" and "stable" leadership, which could only be provided by her.
The Brexit talks were set to start on June 19 with UK Brexit secretary David Davis' meeting European Union's chief negotiator Michel Barnier. The prime minister said she meant to form a government with the Democratic Unionists to form a government that would "provide certainty" and "lead Britain forward at this critical time for our country", according to the BBC.
Non-Standard Finance PLC's (NSF) Buy Rating Reiterated at Shore Capital
State Of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D stated it has 0.02% of its portfolio in Land Securities Group plc (LON:LAND). The company has a 50-day moving average of GBX 67.60 and a 200 day moving average of GBX 61.06.
Corbyn's Labour Party officially backs Brexit. The fault lines in British politics have changed. "Despite all the cynicism from experts like me and pundits, he does seem to have gotten young people out to vote". The Brexit negotiations were a almost insurmountable task in the best of circumstances - and are now close to impossible given the hung Parliament.
A Labour victory would have been a disaster for Britain's economy and its standing in the world. Britain is a key trading partner for China and a potentially significant player in the belt and road project. Most of all, it was hoped, this election would lead to greater clarity. However, it now appears likely that there will be a delay in the start of the extremely complex negotiations, although any deal needs to be concluded by the end of the two-year period after the withdrawal decision was formally initiated in March this year.
The future for Theresa May is very much uncertain.
"While Theresa May is well within the political mainstream and proven to be a solid and reliable unionist, Jeremy Corbyn is beyond the pale", the leader also said. Democracy is often untidy.
For May, the election clearly took a turn for the worse. Hopefully, the process will lead to better cross-party collaboration and, ultimately, a leader with a clear mandate.
- Royaume-Uni-Législatives: Les très mauvais calculs de Theresa May!
- Middlesbrough appoint Garry Monk as new manager
- United Kingdom police arrest man as part of ongoing London Bridge attack investigation
- No appetite among UK Conservatives to oust PM May - key lawmaker
- Olympics Shift: IOC Doubles Number Of Mixed-Gender Events, Adds 5 Sports
- Trump's Personal Lawyer To File Complaint Against Comey For 'Leaks'
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc's (RB) Buy Rating Reiterated at Citigroup Inc
- Corbyn : il faut faire les négociations sur le Brexit
- Three linked to deadly Melbourne siege held for questioning after raid
- Apple TV Opens Door to Amazon Prime Video