Boykin last saw action in a regular season game in 2015, the one year he spent in Pittsburgh after four seasons in Philadelphia.
Boykin's best year was 2013, when he intercepted six passes, made 42 tackles and forced tw fumbles. The Bears signed him to a one-year contract last spring, but the injury landed him on injured reserve in August.
The signings come not long after the Ravens lost second-year cornerback Tavon Young for the season to a torn ACL during the team's organized team activities. Baltimore also signed corner Al-Hajj Shabazz and released Kyle Arrington. He played in all 16 games for the Steelers that season and recorded a career-high eight tackles and a sack in Week 16 against the Ravens. The Ravens revamped their secondary this offseason, signing safety Tony Jefferson and cornerback Brandon Carr and then drafting cornerback Marlon Humphrey in the first round. The former undrafted free agent out of West Chester College spent quite a bit of the 2016 season on the Steelers practice squad in addition to a few weeks on the roster of the Houston Texans after they claimed him off waivers from the Steelers this past December.
(MRK) Stake Held by Mascoma Wealth Management LLC
Scotia Cap has invested 0.13% in Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK). 425,361 are owned by Trillium Asset Mngmt Lc. (NYSE:MRK). Ferguson Wellman Capital Management Inc. increased its position in shares of Merck & Co.by 15.8% in the third quarter.
The team released Arrington Monday with a "failed physical designation".
The Ravens cut Shareece Wright, Kendrick Lewis and Lardarius Webb - who later re-signed - and didn't re-sign free agents Matt Elam, Chris Lewis-Harris and Jerraud Powers.
Given the quality of the Ravens cornerbacks beyond the starting pairing, both should have a chance to make Baltimore's roster this season.
- Etats-Unis: témoignage accablant de l'ex-chef du FBI contre Trump
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (NASDAQ:PLAY) Analyst Recommendation
- Chelsea ace in good spirits after emergency surgery, recovery timeline revealed
- Trump says look past turmoil and re-engage Russia: Tillerson
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Ascena Retail Group Inc. (ASNA)
- CarMax, Inc (KMX) Analysts See $0.97 EPS
- The Trump-Russia story - in 198 words
- Amazon-Apple TV deal shows tough road to cooperation for tech rivals
- Analysts Expect Williams Companies Inc (WMB) to Announce $0.18 Earnings Per Share
- Apple unveils HomePod, a smart speaker with Siri inside