For those who still have questions, even after all the testimonials that came with his death in March, Berry has left behind "Chuck" (Dualtone), his first new studio album since 1979's "Rock It" to silence the doubters.
In an interview with The Associated Press, his son Charles Berry Jr. said the musician started working on new material shortly after the last album came out. "The original tapes were all burned up in a fire, so he just started recreating it and fine-tuning the songs".
Chuck Berry's son, daughter and grandson all perform on the new record.
3-on-3 basketball added to 2020 Tokyo Olympic program
The biggest cut hit one of the biggest sports: Athletics, which includes track and field, will have 105 fewer athletes in Tokyo. A men's 800 and a 4×100 mixed medley relay - another possible event for Ledecky - was also added.
Among the tracks on the record are the "Johnny B. Goode" sequel "Lady B. Goode", and a rewritten version of "Havana Moon" called "Jamaica Moon". "Lady B. Goode" brings the perspective of "the little teen queen" who fell in love with someone who sounds an awfully lot like Johnny B. Goode - a humble country boy who finds fame with his guitar.
Berry, opening with a hard-driving R&B guitar riff similar to Johnny B. Goode, sings: "She followed him around where he would play his guitar/Till he got so popular they made him a star". It doesn't face down mortality like two other final albums by recently departed artists, David Bowie's Blackstar and Leonard Cohen's You Want It Darker.
The album is also Berry's way to sing the praises of his own family. "It's a celebration of rock "n" roll music - something Berry did better than nearly anyone else".
- "Parlement sans majorité": une période d'incertitude débute en Grande-Bretagne
- LeBron is not envious of Golden State
- Stock is down at $3.17 (VSLR) Vivint Solar to Relaunch Residential…
- How Apple may kill the smartphone in 10 years: Gene Munster
- Real Madrid celebrates 12th European Cup with fans in Spain
- North Korea fires multiple ground-to-ship cruise missiles
- New Kaby Lake iMacs arrive from Apple
- Man said fake drugs at Bonnaroo were 'God's Work'
- Steve Johnson Advances To Third Round Of French Open With Heavy Heart
- Tom Cruise hoped to breathe new life into The Mummy franchise