This follows President Moon Jae-in's decision to order a probe into the delivery of the additional launchers after the defense ministry failed to report it to the president.
Nauert said that North Korea's latest missile launches, conducted earlier Thursday, show that THAAD is "something that's important to, not only to protect United States forces, to protect our alliance and to protect - help to further strengthen the region".
"I'm troubled by the fact that it is now going to be resubmitted for political debate in the Republic of Korea as to whether or not they will except our $923 million investment in missile defense for their country".
Asked whether the USA leader was disappointed by the South Korean government's decision to suspend the deployment of the antimissile system, Nauert didn't define the nature of the talks as such, but said the THAAD installation in South Korea is a very important issue for the US government.
Kerala Assembly passes resolution against Centre's slaughter ban notification
It is also learned that the new liquor policy will encourage sale of toddy, which will be made available outside the toddy shops. The government has also chose to reconstitute the Toddy Welfare Board that looks after the welfare of toddy tapping workers.
THAAD can defend parts of South Korea against incoming missiles, and can target medium-range missiles headed for the Pacific and the United States.
Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA) issued the statement after South Korea suspended the process to fully deploy the system pending an environmental assessment.
The U.S. government said Wednesday that it trusts Seoul will not reverse the THAAD deployment, which has been made by the alliance. "On average, it can take more than a year to complete".
The first THAAD batteries were installed in late April-less than two weeks before South Korea's presidential election.
"President Moon must immediately call for the swift deployment of THAAD and end the exhaustive controversy", Kim said.
- Cavaliers vs. Warriors, Game 3
- Apple HomePod Speaker Announced At WWDC
- Trump defends Twitter use as aides urge him to cut back
- New iMacs bring better screens, powerful processors and graphics, and USB-C
- Nana Patekar plays the antagonist in 'Kaala'
- Sensex Losses Widen On Weak Global Cues, Down 112 Points
- James Comey testimony: Former director says Trump admin defamed him and Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Army deployed in Darjeeling following GJM's violent protest
- Trump touts 'new era' with $1 trillion infrastructure plan
- US House passes bill to roll-back financial regulations