Breast cancer is far more common in women who have had children, and she didn't want to risk falling ill again. They found that those who became pregnant after a cancer diagnosis were no more likely to have their cancer return than those who didn't have a baby.
The study took the women that were pregnant and put them in groups with two other women with similar situations with cancer.
It's a big issue - the average age of moms has been rising and more women are being diagnosed with breast cancer in their childbearing years.
Study lead author Dr Matteo Lambertini, medical oncologist and ESMO fellow at the Institut Jules Bordet, said: "Our findings confirm that pregnancy after breast cancer should not be discouraged, even for women with ER-positive cancer". More than half of the 1,200 breast cancer survivors who participated in the research had tumors whose growth was charged by estrogen.
A big study underway now in the USA and other countries is taking this research one step further, testing whether it's safe for breast cancer survivors who want to get pregnant to temporarily suspend taking the hormone-blocking drugs like tamoxifen usually recommended for five years after initial treatment.
James Corden Performs As 'Mary Poppins' On The Streets of London
Alas, Corden was feeling a little down in the dumps: Nobody wanted to visit his Corden'ed-off area upstairs for an interview. The "Late Late Show" host dragged Tom Cruise into his latest scheme - a riverboat venture on London's River Thames.
Sarah Murray, a breast cancer survivor, gave birth to her son Owen in December. She is helping enroll patients in the study, called POSITIVE.
Currently, a larger study is looking to find out if women can temporarily suspend taking hormone-blocking drugs while pregnant, that is usually recommended for five years after initial treatment.
Murray beat the odds becoming the first American women in the study to have had a baby. She was planning to have children.
"We had just set the date when I got diagnosed, the same week". However, she explained "I didn't want the fear to have power over a decision that would bring so much joy".
- Christina El Moussa Dating Businessman, Ex Tarek 'Acting Out,' Source Says
- Qatar Diplomatic Crisis Continues To Reverberate Across Middle East
- Mexico sugar lobby says still wants dumping probe of US fructose
- Super Meat Boy Co-creator Unveils New Platformer The End Is Nigh
- Pakistan, US have opportunity of working together to achieve Afghan peace
- Trump, after House panel subpoenas, backs probing Obama administration
- Kuwait emir holds talks in UAE over Qatar crisis
- Philippine airstrike kills 11 soldiers in 'friendly fire'
- North Korea fires suspected cruise missiles after U.S. drills
- Apple's iOS 11 update ends support for iPhone 5 and 5C