Officers booked her into the Dallas County Jail at 3:30 a.m. (CDT) on Wednesday where she remained, waiting to see a magistrate.
Dallas police arrested state Rep. Victoria Neave early Wednesday morning for driving while intoxicated.
According to the police report, Neave, who's an attorney, repeatedly told officers, "I love you and I will fight for you and I'm invoking my 5th Amendment rights".
She was booked into the Dallas County Jail at 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday and is now waiting to see a magistrate judge. The arrest warrant described Neave, 36, as having a strong odor of alcohol, unsteady, and with bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, WFAA reported.
"Local Dallas reporter Jason Whitely says that Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez, a Democrat who has had her own stand-offs with Texas Republicans over immigration enforcement policies, let Neave exit jail out of a private exit, allowing her to avoid reporters."
Police arrest woman accused of stabbing daughter and grandkids
He said he ran upstairs to her apartment and saw the stabbed child and found her sister in the closet, shaking. He sent her to a state mental hospital for 34 years to life, with progress reports required every six months.
During the recent legislative session, Neave went on a self-imposed hunger strike for four days to protest the "sanctuary city" bill.
In a video posted on her Facebook page, Neave said she disappointed her family, constituents, supporters and herself.
In a statement, Neave said she was grateful no one was hurt in the single-vehicle accident, and she accepts the consequences of her actions. I disappointed myself. I am deeply sorry.
Neave represents District 107, which covers East Dallas, Mesquite, and Garland, in the Texas House. The measure, Senate Bill 4, later passed and was signed into law.
- Ariana Grande releases full statement on Manchester terror attack
- The Scotiabank Raises Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC) Price Target to $14.50
- Robbery suspect dead, officer, civilian shot in Maryland
- Apple wants to rock the market with HomePod, faces challenges
- George and Amal Clooney welcome birth of twins
- Un homme de 69 ans va pouvoir récupérer son sperme congelé — PMA
- John Wood Group PLC (WG) Price Target Cut to GBX 850
- Apple HomePod - Reinventing home music
- Senators to ask about Trump pushback on Russian Federation investigation
- Indian institutes led by IIT-Delhi in the list