Officers booked her into the Dallas County Jail at 3:30 a.m. (CDT) on Wednesday where she remained, waiting to see a magistrate.
Dallas police arrested state Rep. Victoria Neave early Wednesday morning for driving while intoxicated.
According to the police report, Neave, who's an attorney, repeatedly told officers, "I love you and I will fight for you and I'm invoking my 5th Amendment rights".
She was booked into the Dallas County Jail at 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday and is now waiting to see a magistrate judge. The arrest warrant described Neave, 36, as having a strong odor of alcohol, unsteady, and with bloodshot eyes and slurred speech, WFAA reported.
"Local Dallas reporter Jason Whitely says that Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez, a Democrat who has had her own stand-offs with Texas Republicans over immigration enforcement policies, let Neave exit jail out of a private exit, allowing her to avoid reporters."
Apple wants to rock the market with HomePod, faces challenges
It's part of Apple's effort to entice professionals with tablets that can handle many tasks previously reserved for laptops. It has been around two years since Apple first launched " Apple Music ", its own streaming service set to take on Spotify.
During the recent legislative session, Neave went on a self-imposed hunger strike for four days to protest the "sanctuary city" bill.
In a video posted on her Facebook page, Neave said she disappointed her family, constituents, supporters and herself.
In a statement, Neave said she was grateful no one was hurt in the single-vehicle accident, and she accepts the consequences of her actions. I disappointed myself. I am deeply sorry.
Neave represents District 107, which covers East Dallas, Mesquite, and Garland, in the Texas House. The measure, Senate Bill 4, later passed and was signed into law.
- Champions Trophy 2017: Afridi Warns Critics Against Ruling Out Pak
- Things to know about ex-FBI head's James Comey's testimony
- ECB to keep taps open as economic outlook uncertain
- "Impeachment" : vers une destitution de Donald Trump ?
- George and Amal Clooney welcome birth of twins
- White House tries to regroup, but Trump isn't helping
- Venez faire un safari surnaturel — Strange Brigade
- London Bridge victim's body recovered from River Thames
- Robbery suspect dead, officer, civilian shot in Maryland
- Carter national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski dies