A family in Texas is warning others after their 4-year-old son died from "dry drowning".
According to the boy's parents, Francisco Delgado III started complaining of stomach pains moments after he came out of the swimming pool. "He said, 'Ahhh", Delgado told the news outlet.
He woke a few hours later complaining of serious pain: 'Out of nowhere, he just woke up.
Frankie's father, Francisco, called police when his son stopped breathing, reports KHOU. 'He took his last breath, and I didn't know what to do no more'.
Baby Frankie would later be pronounced dead by doctors at a nearby hospital as a result of his lungs being clogged with water that settled inside of them, supposedly from the Texas City Dike, which effectively "drowned" him long after the Delgados drove home from the outing.
It seemed impossible - mum Tara Delgado said he was only in knee-deep water.
Dry drowning usually happens soon after exiting the water, but with secondary drowning, there can be a delay of up to 24 hours before the person shows signs of distress. CPR can also be administered by a trained adult, if necessary.
Siri, speakers and software: Highlights from the Apple show
Apple has finally unveiled its answer to Amazon's and Google's smart speakers slash digital assistants - and it's called HomePod. The new model will begin shipping on Monday. "To attract developers in the modern world, you need a platform", McIlwain said.
A similar condition, secondary drowning, occurs when water gets into the lungs and builds up over time, causing inflammation and eventually making it impossible to breathe.
According to medical experts, symptoms of dry drowning include trouble breathing, persistent coughing, sleepiness and fatigue, and vomiting.
It says: 'There are no words to describe how heartbroken we are over the passing of Baby Frankie.
Baby Frankie's family has since set up a GoFundMe to help raise money for the unexpected funeral costs of their son.
The boy's mother, Tara, said Frankie was "full of life" and "for four-years-old, he had a big heart". "The world lost a attractive soul".
A 4-year-old Texas boy passed away Saturday, nearly a week after going swimming, KTRK reported.
- White House Downplays Trump Tweets On Gulf Feud
- Here's how Barack Obama fooled the media for 8 years
- PGGM Investments Sells 22503 Shares of Union Pacific Co. (UNP)
- La pluie reporte les matches messieurs à mercredi — Roland-Garros
- Ligue des champions : La finale 2019 à Bakou ou Madrid
- Sooner nation, and others, react to Stoops' departure
- Nadal through to French Open semis as Carreno Busta quits
- Autus Asset Management LLC Takes Position in Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE)
- ECB president says risks to economy diminished
- IPhone 7 and 7 Plus will support NFC tags with iOS 11