A family in Texas is warning others after their 4-year-old son died from "dry drowning".
According to the boy's parents, Francisco Delgado III started complaining of stomach pains moments after he came out of the swimming pool. "He said, 'Ahhh", Delgado told the news outlet.
He woke a few hours later complaining of serious pain: 'Out of nowhere, he just woke up.
Frankie's father, Francisco, called police when his son stopped breathing, reports KHOU. 'He took his last breath, and I didn't know what to do no more'.
Baby Frankie would later be pronounced dead by doctors at a nearby hospital as a result of his lungs being clogged with water that settled inside of them, supposedly from the Texas City Dike, which effectively "drowned" him long after the Delgados drove home from the outing.
It seemed impossible - mum Tara Delgado said he was only in knee-deep water.
Dry drowning usually happens soon after exiting the water, but with secondary drowning, there can be a delay of up to 24 hours before the person shows signs of distress. CPR can also be administered by a trained adult, if necessary.
PGGM Investments Sells 22503 Shares of Union Pacific Co. (UNP)
The institutional investor owned 351,471 shares of the railroad operator's stock after selling 22,503 shares during the period. Stratos Wealth Partners Limited holds 13,085 shares. 56,386 were reported by Marco Invest Ltd Limited Liability Company.
A similar condition, secondary drowning, occurs when water gets into the lungs and builds up over time, causing inflammation and eventually making it impossible to breathe.
According to medical experts, symptoms of dry drowning include trouble breathing, persistent coughing, sleepiness and fatigue, and vomiting.
It says: 'There are no words to describe how heartbroken we are over the passing of Baby Frankie.
Baby Frankie's family has since set up a GoFundMe to help raise money for the unexpected funeral costs of their son.
The boy's mother, Tara, said Frankie was "full of life" and "for four-years-old, he had a big heart". "The world lost a attractive soul".
A 4-year-old Texas boy passed away Saturday, nearly a week after going swimming, KTRK reported.
- Comey Testimony: Trump Faces Cost of Listening to Bad Advice
- Warriors challenge more teams than Cavs
- Gabriela Dabrowski et Rohan Bopanna en finale du double mixte — Roland-Garros
- Nadal through to French Open semis as Carreno Busta quits
- Sandy Hook shooting conspiracy theorist sentenced for threat
- Murray happy to win ugly against Nishikori
- ECB president says risks to economy diminished
- Autus Asset Management LLC Takes Position in Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE)
- Pogba : " Mourinho mérite son surnom "
- North Korea fires suspected cruise missiles after USA drills