Brian McKeon explained the decision in the press release in terms of avoiding "more significant long-term damage to his hip". Thomas has battled the injury since mid-March when it caused him to miss two games.
In Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Friday, the Cavaliers beat the Celtics 130-86 in one of the least competitive playoff games in memory.
Already overmatched, Boston seems incapable of competing with a healthy Cavs bunch without Thomas and the 28.9 points per game he averaged during the regular season.
The Celtics are now down 0-2 to the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Thomas didn't look himself against the Cavaliers.
Hanson advisor 'floated election cash plan'
She said it could "only be a criminal case if it was enacted" but the party "never looked at it because we never implemented it". "I am happy to grace in cash, double the price of whatever it is", he was recorded as saying.
"It's hard", Celtics forward Al Horford said.
The Celtics will now be forced to play without Thomas' offensive repertoire for only the seventh time this season when it takes the court Sunday night for Game 3 against Cleveland. The Celtics now see how much better they need to be against the Cavaliers, but they also know that there are going to be a lot of different options to get to that point. Making matters worse, if that's possible, Isaiah Thomas left the game in the second half and did not return. Celtics coach Brad Stevens said the star point guard had a nagging injury that he aggravated a week ago during the second-round series against Washington. "That's why I'm pleased most of all with our defense and how we just kept reacting and kept moving and kept scrambling".
"I don't care if you win by 200 points", Lue said. After being held out in the second half of what would turn into a blowout loss at the hands of the Cavaliers Friday night, Isaiah Thomas' hip was deemed so bad that he will not be playing for however long the C's postseason run continues. The Celtics struggled on both ends of the floor in a game that they had to win to keep the series close.
The playoffs were a particularly incredible stretch for Thomas. Thomas underwent six hours of oral surgery during Boston's off day, then scored 53 points in an overtime victory in Game 2 on what would have been his sister's 23rd birthday.
- Canelo Alvarez Destroys Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Will Challenge GGG Next
- Iran's re-elected Rouhani vows 'no' to extremism
- Kuwait next to back oil production cap extension
- Plus de 50 morts dans une attaque de l'EI (ONG) — Syrie
- A glance at Trump family's visit to Saudi Arabia
- What is Recommendation from Analysts on GlaxoSmithKline plc (ADR) (NYSE:GSK)?
- Graduates walk out on Pence at Notre Dame commencement
- Dem Lawmaker To Call For Trump's Impeachment This Morning On House Floor
- 11 coaches of Mumbai-Lucknow express derail in Unnao, passengers safe
- Westbrook, Harden, Leonard named NBA MVP finalists