With a combined record of 85-1-1 and 67 knockouts between them, the Golovkin-Alvarez fight will understandably be the talk of the boxing world.
Canelo had been using hard power shots to wear down Chavez. His left eye was almost closed, the right eye wasn't far behind and he was bleeding from the nose.
Alvarez treated the lopsided bout as if it were a sparring session, even standing between rounds for the entire fight.
Chavez Jr. simply had no answers for anything Alvarez did Saturday and put zero effort into getting the ball rolling to turn the tide. It was all Canelo, all the time. Or offense, for that matter.
Chavez Jr. entered the fight with a reputation for being an underachiever, having not fought a boxer of real significance since 2012. It was just more punishment that Canelo was able to inflict. The one loss Alvarez has suffered in his career was to Floyd Mayweather Jr. back in September of 2013. (50-3-1, 32 KOs) into an exhibition. He landed 71 punches, after averaging 170 landed punches in his previous five fights. "I never sit down in sparring, and I didn't want to sit here".
Penguins switch goalies for pivotal game versus Senators
There will be some hard decisions for Pens fans when they go to vote, three of the four championship winning teams made the list. Yikes! That is not a recipe for winning and has now left head coach Mike Sullivan with a goalie decision to make in Game 4.
"Triple G, you are next my friend", Canelo said in Spanish. The fight is done. "I've shown I can do lots of things in the ring, anything a fighter brings-I've shown I can showcase myself", said Alvarez. But me and my side we are ready to go.
White said recently that the fight would take more than a couple of months to confirm, "if it gets done at all" - and the more time passes the less likely the fight is to happen. I'm a fighter that knows how to adapt to situations.
However, with the fight being billed as "Bombs Away" and the fact that the styles of both fighters mesh very well, one can expect an great fight between arguably the two best Middleweights in the world.
Alvarez didn't send his fans home disappointed as he invited WBC middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin and his trainer Abel Sanchez into the ring to announce their long overdue fight, which is said to take place on September 16.
Mexico vs. former Russia/Soviet Union (Golovkin is from Kazakhstan), in Texas, AT&T Stadium, on Mexican Independence Day, with maybe Jerry Jones and President Donald Trump ringside?
- Corbyn: PM's manifesto pledges are 'triple whammy of misery' for pensioners
- Ribchester wins Lockinge Stakes at Newbury for Godolphin
- Hanson advisor 'floated election cash plan'
- Plus de 50 morts dans une attaque de l'EI (ONG) — Syrie
- Comey replacement could be appointed 'next week — Federal Bureau of Investigation chief sacking
- Ways to Honor Mom on Mother's Day
- Congressman Al Green has been threatened with lynching
- Russian Federation investigation identifies White House official as person of interest
- Up to 300 businessmen to join President Duterte in Russia
- Alerte rouge aux pollens dans le département — Allergies