Per CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein, the Illini will host DePaul on November 17 in the event started in 2015-16 that pits Big Ten teams against Big East teams.
After playing Georgetown in the first two years of the Gavitt Tipoff Games, Maryland will reportedly meet Butler next season in College Park. IL played at Providence in the inaugural event in 2015 and lost 60-59 to the Friars.
IL is coming off a 20-15 season and NIT quarterfinals appearance in 2016-17 but enters 2017-18 with a new coach in Brad Underwood. The Illini beat the Blue Demons 75-70 on December 7, 1957, in Champaign. DePaul went 9-23 under Dave Leitao in 2016-17 and lost 19 of its last 21 games. (The 10 Big East schools are to play a minimum of six times, apiece.) MSU will have to appear in four of the next five years, while U-M will participate in three of the next five.
US protests 'unprofessional' intercept by Chinese jets
Share with Us - We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article, and smart, constructive criticism. In May 2016, two Chinese fighters carried out a similar intercept of a U.S. military aircraft over the South China Sea.
IN will play at Seton Hall in the 2017 Gavitt Tipoff Games, according to a report on Saturday afternoon from Jon Rothstein of Fan Rag Sports.
The top matchups in 2017 will be Xavier at Wisconsin, Purdue at Marquette, Creighton at Northwestern and Butler at Maryland. Wisconsin will host Xavier and Nebraska will play at St. John's on November 16.
- Flynn Not to Honor US Senate Intel Committee Subpoena for Docs - Senator
- Final results confirm Macron wins French presidential election: Interior Ministry
- Willett and McIlroy to assess back injuries before BMW PGA Championship
- Les Etats-Unis vendent pour 110 milliards d'armements à l'Arabie saoudite
- 'Win more games yourself' - Guardiola tells Wenger to stop complaining
- How to Watch the Destiny 2 Gameplay Live Stream
- Bobby Moynihan leaving 'Saturday Night Live' for CBS sitcom
- China killed, jailed 18 to 20 Central Intelligence Agency sources in 2 years
- VOTEZ - Le gouvernement d'Emmanuel Macron et Edouard Philippe vous satisfait-il ?
- Trump 'told Russians that firing 'nut job' Comey relieved pressure on him'