With only three games left to play for Spurs, the north London side may have to win all three remaining fixtures and hope Chelsea monumentally slip in their final four matches.
Chelsea need just two more wins to secure the title, and can get one when they face Middlesbrough this evening. If you want to be a champion, these are games you have to win.
"To win a trophy you have to show in a key moment you can win".
Mauricio Pochettino called on Tottenham to finish the season strongly despite seeing their title hopes all but disappear.
"We managed to bring it back to four points but after today, it's almost impossible, but we will give it everything for the last three games", added the 23-year-old England global.
"Maybe we were a little desperate tonight after they scored. Now is the time rest, to analyse the game and be ready for the next time".
Liverpool hold talks with Manchester United and Chelsea target Tiemoue Bakayoko
The Telegraph claim Michy Batshuayi could be used as part of a player-plus-cash deal to sweeten the move. Chelsea are preparing a major offer for Tiemoue Bakayoko.
"We try to move on and finish the season in the best way, still fighting, but now it's true, it's more hard".
Tottenham, for all their controlled passing, struggled to penetrate West Ham's rearguard.
A goal by Manuel Lanzini in the 65th minute was all that West Ham needed to dent Tottenham Hotspur's title ambitions and to extricate themselves totally from the zone of relegation.
What has proved costly for Tottenham are the dropped points in the opening months of the season. Second-half goals from Vincent Kompany, Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Nicolas Otamendi completed the scoring as City leapfrogged Liverpool into third in the Premier League, on goal difference, and also moved four points clear of fifth-placed Manchester United. - West Ham have kept three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since December 2015.
"We didn't put in the right energy, especially because of the context - it's a derby and even more because it was a game which was very important in the title race".
But their manager rejected the notion that a team who had nine Premier League wins in succession to their name before facing West Ham had buckled under pressure.
- Share Rating Recap: Delcath Systems Inc (NASDAQ:DCTH)
- Apple May Announce New MacBook Models at WWDC 2017
- Lawmakers unanimously approve autism coverage mandate
- New Orleans Removes 3rd Confederate-era Monument
- Macron's march forward depends on next months election
- Basket: Fenerbahçe rejoint l'Olympiakos en finale de l'Euroligue
- Italy probes Milan train station attacker for alleged worldwide terrorism
- More Republicans back probe of Trump-Russia ties
- Brokers Change Their Target Price On Everest Re Group, Ltd. (NYSE:RE)
- ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:ACAD) Under Analyst Spotlight