With only three games left to play for Spurs, the north London side may have to win all three remaining fixtures and hope Chelsea monumentally slip in their final four matches.
Chelsea need just two more wins to secure the title, and can get one when they face Middlesbrough this evening. If you want to be a champion, these are games you have to win.
"To win a trophy you have to show in a key moment you can win".
Mauricio Pochettino called on Tottenham to finish the season strongly despite seeing their title hopes all but disappear.
"We managed to bring it back to four points but after today, it's almost impossible, but we will give it everything for the last three games", added the 23-year-old England global.
"Maybe we were a little desperate tonight after they scored. Now is the time rest, to analyse the game and be ready for the next time".
More Republicans back probe of Trump-Russia ties
Likely aware of this danger, White House staff quickly alerted the CIA and National Security Agency about Trump's comments. About 10 House Republicans and four Senate Republicans have called for some sort of independent investigation.
"We try to move on and finish the season in the best way, still fighting, but now it's true, it's more hard".
Tottenham, for all their controlled passing, struggled to penetrate West Ham's rearguard.
A goal by Manuel Lanzini in the 65th minute was all that West Ham needed to dent Tottenham Hotspur's title ambitions and to extricate themselves totally from the zone of relegation.
What has proved costly for Tottenham are the dropped points in the opening months of the season. Second-half goals from Vincent Kompany, Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Nicolas Otamendi completed the scoring as City leapfrogged Liverpool into third in the Premier League, on goal difference, and also moved four points clear of fifth-placed Manchester United. - West Ham have kept three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since December 2015.
"We didn't put in the right energy, especially because of the context - it's a derby and even more because it was a game which was very important in the title race".
But their manager rejected the notion that a team who had nine Premier League wins in succession to their name before facing West Ham had buckled under pressure.
- Apple May Announce New MacBook Models at WWDC 2017
- Former intelligence chief, others dispute Trump account of meeting with Comey
- Italy probes Milan train station attacker for alleged worldwide terrorism
- Des skins pour fêter l'anniversaire du jeu — Overwatch
- Senate Intelligence Committee asks for all memos of Trump interactions with Comey
- Macron's march forward depends on next months election
- Lawmakers unanimously approve autism coverage mandate
- Shire PLC (SHP) Earns Buy Rating from Berenberg Bank
- Une femme arbitrera en Bundesliga la saison prochaine
- New Orleans Removes 3rd Confederate-era Monument