With only three games left to play for Spurs, the north London side may have to win all three remaining fixtures and hope Chelsea monumentally slip in their final four matches.
Chelsea need just two more wins to secure the title, and can get one when they face Middlesbrough this evening. If you want to be a champion, these are games you have to win.
"To win a trophy you have to show in a key moment you can win".
Mauricio Pochettino called on Tottenham to finish the season strongly despite seeing their title hopes all but disappear.
"We managed to bring it back to four points but after today, it's almost impossible, but we will give it everything for the last three games", added the 23-year-old England global.
"Maybe we were a little desperate tonight after they scored. Now is the time rest, to analyse the game and be ready for the next time".
Former intelligence chief, others dispute Trump account of meeting with Comey
Insiders say Trump is looking at around a dozen candidates, four of which will be interviewed at the Justice Department Saturday. She left after about an hour and a half inside the building and declined to comment to reporters.
"We try to move on and finish the season in the best way, still fighting, but now it's true, it's more hard".
Tottenham, for all their controlled passing, struggled to penetrate West Ham's rearguard.
A goal by Manuel Lanzini in the 65th minute was all that West Ham needed to dent Tottenham Hotspur's title ambitions and to extricate themselves totally from the zone of relegation.
What has proved costly for Tottenham are the dropped points in the opening months of the season. Second-half goals from Vincent Kompany, Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Nicolas Otamendi completed the scoring as City leapfrogged Liverpool into third in the Premier League, on goal difference, and also moved four points clear of fifth-placed Manchester United. - West Ham have kept three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since December 2015.
"We didn't put in the right energy, especially because of the context - it's a derby and even more because it was a game which was very important in the title race".
But their manager rejected the notion that a team who had nine Premier League wins in succession to their name before facing West Ham had buckled under pressure.
- Share Rating Recap: Delcath Systems Inc (NASDAQ:DCTH)
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc (HTZ) Bonds Rise 1.3% During Trading
- Lawmakers unanimously approve autism coverage mandate
- New Orleans Removes 3rd Confederate-era Monument
- Eagle Bancorp, Inc. (EGBN) Lifted to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- Tizen 3.0-powered Samsung Z4 Up For Grabs In India
- 3 men stole car, killed 6-year-old in back seat
- Lance Armstrong stars in this fake documentary about drug use in cycling
- Agreement allows police in Vancouver Pride parade, but changes will be made
- Une femme arbitrera en Bundesliga la saison prochaine