U.S. President Donald Trump waits on the arrival of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the White House May 16, 2017 in Washington, DC.
Trump being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States on January 20th, 2017.
White House attorneys are said to be researching impeachment procedures, CNN reported Friday, amid an avalanche of unflattering news hitting President Donald Trump's White House.
That being said, White House officials say impeachment is an extremely unlikely possibility, as Trump still has the support of Republicans in Congress. CNN notes that Democratic lawmakers have also been hesitant on the possibility of impeachment.
CNN's justice correspondent Evan Perez reports, "lawyers in the White House counsel's office have consulted experts in impeachment during the past week and have begun collecting information on how such proceedings would work".
Saudi signals first cut in crude supplies to Asian customer-refinery source
For 2018, oil demand is expected to increase by 300,000 bbl/d, down from forecast demand growth of 340,000 bbl/d previously. The decline in US crude oil inventories is likely due to the increase in gross inputs to refineries in April.
The White House issued a brief statement saying the reports were "not true".
And reports that a senior adviser was a "person of interest" in a probe of possible collusion with Russian Federation during last year's election campaign emerged just as Trump jetted off to Saudi Arabia on his first foreign trip as president.
Even Democrats have tried to calm impeachment talk out of concern as it is premature.
These developments come in the wake of the Justice Department's appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller who was the former Federal Bureau of Investigation director to investigate into the alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
Earlier this week, close advisers to the President, including lawyer and surrogate Michael Cohen, visited the White House to discuss his need to hire personal attorneys for Trump.
- Google prepping Android Pay expansion, support for sending money to friends
- Amber Alert issued for 1-year-old boy abducted by father
- Sharapova s'oblige à passer par les qualifs à Wimbledon
- Microsoft issues WannaCry security patch for XP, blasts U.S. for 'stockpiling vulnerabilities'
- United Bancorp (UBCP) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of
- Donald Trump se rendra à Bethléem
- The New York Yankees Retire Derek Jeter's #2 Jersey
- Trump said firing Comey relieved 'great pressure'
- Trump défend son "droit" de partager des informations avec la Russie
- CW Releases Fall Schedule, 'Dynasty' On For Wednesdays