On Sunday, 42-year-old baseball legend Derek Jeter was honored with a ceremony to retire his jersey number with the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, New York.
Jeter eventually made his way onto the field where he got a close look at the plaque the Yankees have dedicated to Monument Park in his honor.
The Yankee stadium serenaded Jeter with cheers and Frank Sinatra's "My Way" as he walked onto the field with his wife Hannah Davis, who is now pregnant with their first child.
'When you play here in NY for 20 years, I learned that the time flies, memories fade, but the family is forever.
Trump calls Russian Federation probe political 'witch hunt'
James Lankford, R-Okla., told reporters he still wanted Comey to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee. "No, no. A special counsel has the freedom to look at anything they believe is relevant to their investigation.
The Yankees presented Jeter with a 14-karat white gold ring that listed his achievements.
Jeter is also the fifth member of his championship teams to have his number retired, joining Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, Jorge Posada and Bernie Williams. The ceremony took place prior to the team's loss to the Houston Astros in front of some of the future Hall of Famer's former teammates, managers and coaches, starting outside Monument Park where the franchise unveiled his retired No. 2 while the sellout crowd chanted his name. 2 was retired in a pregame series and he will now join the likes of Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth and Roger Maris in Yankees lore.
Jeter spent two decades with the Yankees and finished his career as the team's all-time leader in hits (3,465), games played (2,747), at-bats (11,195), doubles (544) and stolen bases (358).
- Trump défend son "droit" de partager des informations avec la Russie
- CW Releases Fall Schedule, 'Dynasty' On For Wednesdays
- Star Wars Battlefront II: New Trailer Sheds Revealing Light on Protagonist
- Donald Trump se rendra à Bethléem
- Microsoft issues WannaCry security patch for XP, blasts U.S. for 'stockpiling vulnerabilities'
- Stock Jumping Abnormally High: Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. (SKT)
- Festival de Cannes : ça tourne
- Sharapova s'oblige à passer par les qualifs à Wimbledon
- New sanctions on Venezuela officials upcoming
- Trump prononcera un discours sur une "vision pacifique" de l'islam