Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak amid concerns that David De Gea will push through a summer move to Real Madrid, sources have told ESPN FC. Today, Manchester United are linked with Jan Oblak...
Having been understudy to De Gea in his two years at Old Trafford, Romero has managed just 27 games for the club in all competitions so far, though he's rarely put a foot wrong when called upon.
The newspaper says that United officials have already sounded out Oblak about a potential switch to Old Trafford and the Slovenian worldwide is keen to join if a deal can be agreed.
Indeed, the Slovenian is one of the few goalkeepers on a similar level to the Spaniard, and, as such, his arrival to replace De Gea would ensure a smooth transition.
Special Envoy Lee meets with China's Xi Jinping
For his part, Lee said Moon asked him to express his "gratitude" to Xi for his message of congratulations after the election. China's top diplomat, Foreign Minister Wang Yi, on Thursday reiterated calls for its dismantling.
De Gea has been a regular fixture in the Manchester United team under Jose Mourinho this season and has helped the Red Devils win the EFL Cup this term.
The Spanish keeper, who is rumoured to be set for a move to Real Madrid this summer, bought some bread the night after the club's annual awards bash at Old Trafford.
United would demand a world-record fee for a goalkeeper of £60million, if they decide to sell the 26-year-old.
Losing De Gea would be a big disappointment for United fans but bringing in Oblak as his replacement would certainly ease the blow as I think he'd be a superb signing if they could pull it off.
- Worldpay Group (LON:WPG) Receives Overweight Rating From Barclays Analysts
- Iran goes to polls to pick President
- ICJ denies Pak request to play Jadhav's 'confessional' video
- Syria says US airstrike killed several soldiers near Jordan
- British PM makes poll pledge to clamp down on immigration
- Four-some Harry puts the boot in for Spurs
- Lewis Hamilton WINS Spanish Grand Prix after epic battle with Sebastian Vettel
- Trump Refuses To Re-litigate Flynn's Firing
- Korea on U.S. missile defense system
- Applied Optoelectronics Inc (AAOI) Rating Reiterated by Roth Capital