It also threatened to dump data from banks using the SWIFT worldwide money transfer network and from Russian, Chinese, Iranian or North Korean nuclear and missile programs, without providing further details.
"It's being like wine of month club", said the blog post, which is written in broken English. The gang says that potential buyers would have to pay the subscription fee the data is locked behind but, other than that, practically everyone could buy it and used it for whatever purposes, terrorist organizations included.
The ransomware Attack was because of the existing Windows XP systems throughout the world which had been announced unsupported by Microsoft after 2014. "What members doing with data after is up to members".
The leaks, and the global WannaCry ransomware attack that they led to, have renewed debate over how and when intelligence agencies should disclose vulnerabilities used in cyber spying programs so that businesses and consumers can better defend themselves. Microsoft has connected previous exploits of its products released by the mysterious Shadow Brokers group to tools which were stolen from NSA cyber warfare operations.
Shadow Brokers came to public attention in August 2016 when it mounted an unsuccessful attempt to auction off a set of older cyber-spying tools it said were stolen from the NSA.
"ShadowBrokers are back" tweeted Matthieu Suiche, a French hacker and founder of the United Arab Emirates-based cyber security firm Comae Technologies, who has studied the Shadow Broker releases and believes the group has access to NSA files.
OPEC, non-OPEC discuss extending supply cut by nine months or more
On Thursday, non-members Turkmenistan and Equatorial Guinea said they would join the cuts, though they are smaller producers. Moves in refined product inventories also impact crude oil (FENY) (XES) (RYE) (IEZ) prices.
On Tuesday, following the WannaCry attacks, the Shadow Brokers posted a new message online in which they claim to have many more Equation exploits that haven't been leaked yet.
It is unknown whether the Shadow Brokers genuinely have further tools stolen from the NSA or whether the group will make good on its threats.
It said it was set to sell access to previously undisclosed vulnerabilities, known as zero-days, that could be used to attack Microsoft Corp's latest software system, Windows 10.
Spokesperson from Microsoft has already said that they will be preparing a response for this claim from the hacking group.
The leaked WannaCry software also cause some tension between the US government and Microsoft, whit Redmond-based company criticizing the NSA for holding on to exploits.
- Car drives wrong way in Times Square and hits crowds; 1 dead
- Israël fait profil bas face au scandale des informations classifiées de Trump
- Jadhav's case should not be politicized, says speaker NA
- Reporters barred from Kushner Companies' visa-for-investment event in China
- Trump allies come up with the wrong response to the Comey bombshell
- Un membre du Congrès américain demande officiellement la destitution de Donald Trump !
- Alaska governor calls for special session to resolve deficit
- Crucial 14th GST council meeting in Srinagar from Thursday
- How MS Dhoni became Mumbai Indians' nemesis in IPL. Parthiv Patel explains
- How to protect yourself from the global ransomware attack