Born on September 6, 1983, Pippa spent her early years in Amman where father Michael Middleton worked with British Airways, before attending a series of top private schools on the family's return to Britain.
Kate, who wore a peach dress by Alexander McQueen and matching hat by Jane Taylor, acted as a much-needed chaperone for the bridesmaids and page boys, although her nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, wearing her distinctive brown Norland uniform, was also at the service.
Despite all the interest in the couple, the big question is whether Prince Harry's girlfriend, actress Meghan Markle, will be his date.
The marriage takes place Saturday (UK time) at 11:30pm.
Middleton, the sister of Kate, Duchess of Cambridge married hedge fund.
Among the guests at the star-studded wedding are Prince William and the bride's sister Catherine. "She seemed very relaxed", an eyewitness told ET.
The bride's parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, have had an elaborate glass marquee built on the grounds of their estate for the reception.
US President Trump arrives in Saudi Arabia
Trump's spokesman Sean Spicer said the President edited the speech with his aides during the 14-hour journey from Washington. He added that the kingdom would like to see more "decisive statements, actions and sanctions on the Iranian regime".
Security was tight amid a media frenzy in which #PippasWedding was trending on social media but guests were forbidden from sharing pictures there.
"It's a bit startling to achieve global recognition (if that's the right word). on account of your sister, your brother-in-law and your bottom", she wrote in introductory comments to a recipe and party planning book she later penned on the back of her new found fame. And with celebrity status came opportunity.
She graduated from Edinburgh University with an English literature degree, then became a socialite on London's posh party circuit.
After dating a string of high-society men, Pippa chose to settle down with 41-year-old Matthews, who popped the question last summer after nearly two years of dating.
She said: "The road past the Middletons' house is going to be closed and all the guests are parking at the village hall, which has been taken over I believe for three days, so there will be obviously restrictions". Matthews' parents are multi-millionaires - his father, David, was a racing driver-turned-property developer.
The groom's brother Spencer Matthews, a reality TV star who was a regular in the show Made In Chelsea, is likely to be best man.
- Major League notebook: Mets suspend Harvey
- L'eurodéputée Sylvie Goulard ministre des Armées (Elysée) — France
- Chinese state media says US should take some blame for cyberattack
- Does InterCloud Systems, Inc. (ICLD)'s current closing price competes the market?
- Callista Gingrich Nominated As Ambassador To The Vatican
- Macron visits French troops in Mali's deeply-troubled north
- Microsoft blames U.S. stockpiled vulnerability for ransomware attack
- Découvrez le prix du costume d'Emmanuel Macron pour la passation de pouvoir
- Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid Betting Tips
- Emmanuel Macron angers French right by appointing 11 women in 'balanced' cabinet