Speaking with newsmen, Enang confirmed that the Presidency received the budget late Wednesday afternoon, adding that when it is finally looked into, it would be transmitted to President Buhari, who will sign it and then transfer it to acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, for other formalities to take place.
Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed says the National Assembly is yet to transfer the 2017 Appropriation Bill to the Presidency.
But Laolu, who spoke via his Twitter handle, clarified that the Acting President will sign the N7.441 trillion 2017 Appropriation Bill into law "when everything is set".
"It will be ready tomorrow (Thursday) all things being equal, and it will be transmitted to the president, all things being equal tomorrow".
Analysts See $0.35 EPS for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co (HPE)
Manning & Napier Advisors LLC acquired a new position in Hewlett Packard Enterprise during the third quarter worth about $225,000. Analysts are expecting EPS growth rates to be at 35.50% this quarter and EPS estimate for next year reflect a -7.87% growth rate.
TheNewsGuru.com reports that the National Assembly had earlier promised to transmit the budget to the presidency today (Wednesday).
"When it is transmitted to the Presidency, that decision will be taken", he said.Briefing State House Correspondents shortly after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by the Acting President, Mohammed said Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma has since received an advanced copy of the 2017 budget and is now studying it. He has not sent to us individually, copies of the passed budget.
Those awaiting their swearing in are Mr Stephen Ocheni, who is from Kogi State, nominated to replace James Ocholi who died in an accident past year, and Suleiman Hassan from Gombe State, a replacement for Amina Mohammed who has joined the United Nations (UN) as its Deputy Secretary General. "It is only then that we will require more money, but now, we don't need additional money", the minister said.
- Fact check: Haley remark on Western Wall in Israel
- Donald Trump limoge le patron du FBI, Washington sous le choc
- Isaiah Thomas on the Cavs: 'They're not the Monstars'
- Murray to start Game 4 for Penguins
- Penguins and Capitals take it the distance
- Key events in former US Rep. Anthony Weiner's rise and fall
- Canadian rookie tied for lead at Players
- Manhunt underway for hackers behind global WannaCry Ransomware cyberattack
- 120 jobs for Belfast at new Anomali European cybersecurity R&D lab
- Cavs send Celtics to record loss, 130-86, lead series 2-0