On behalf of: Entertainment One Ltd.
Entertainment One, the company that owns Peppa Pig, has announced it is working on a new series of the popular pre-school cartoon. In Russia, licensing has accelerated at a significant pace and the licensing programme now has 40 partners signed across the toy, games and confectionery categories.
The new episodes of the show, which centres around the cartoon pig best known for jumping in muddy puddles, will launch in the spring of 2019 and "secure a pipeline of Peppa Pig content over the following four years", the company said.
A toy manufacturer in Brazil is launching a new line of toys which are due to go on sale in August 2017.
Trump tells Russians about firing Comey
Sessions has recused himself from the Trump-Russia probe, citing his close involvement in the Trump campaign a year ago . The Justice Department on Friday released the text of Rosenstein's opening remarks for the briefings on Capitol Hill.
"The popularity of Peppa Pig has always been underpinned by the outstanding content, which transcends geographical borders and is loved by audiences around the world", said Andrew Carley, the head of global licensing at Entertainment One.
It said licensing in Russian Federation had "accelerated at a significant pace" and Peppa Pig merchandise had entered new markets across the Nordic region. The show's award-winning animation studio, Astley Baker Davies, will be producing the new series which will bring the total number of Peppa Pig episodes to 381.
In China, Peppa Pig generated more than 24.5 billion views on multiple SVOD platforms since the brand was first launched two years ago, providing "strong" consumer traction for the licensing and merchandising programme roll out of the brand this year, the board explained.
Entertainment One will also book a £20 million charge from renegotiating a new distribution arrangement.
- Amber Alert issued for 1-year-old boy abducted by father
- Passation de pouvoir : les Normands invités par Emmanuel Macron
- Trump said firing Comey relieved 'great pressure'
- Trump's lawyers are looking up how impeachment works
- Twenty-First Century Fox's (FOXA) Buy Rating Reiterated at Jefferies Group LLC
- Lindsey Graham: Russia probe 'now a criminal investigation'
- Google prepping Android Pay expansion, support for sending money to friends
- Twitter reacts to Kelly Olynyk's incredible Game 7
- Robert Mueller ideal choice for special counsel
- United Bancorp (UBCP) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of