On behalf of: Entertainment One Ltd.
Entertainment One, the company that owns Peppa Pig, has announced it is working on a new series of the popular pre-school cartoon. In Russia, licensing has accelerated at a significant pace and the licensing programme now has 40 partners signed across the toy, games and confectionery categories.
The new episodes of the show, which centres around the cartoon pig best known for jumping in muddy puddles, will launch in the spring of 2019 and "secure a pipeline of Peppa Pig content over the following four years", the company said.
A toy manufacturer in Brazil is launching a new line of toys which are due to go on sale in August 2017.
Oil price rises as Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia back supply cut
Brent crude futures were at $52.05 per barrel at 0129 GMT, up 23 cents, or 0.44 percent, from their last close. This is required to stabilize the oil market. "We discussed this topic and we support this kind of proposal".
"The popularity of Peppa Pig has always been underpinned by the outstanding content, which transcends geographical borders and is loved by audiences around the world", said Andrew Carley, the head of global licensing at Entertainment One.
It said licensing in Russian Federation had "accelerated at a significant pace" and Peppa Pig merchandise had entered new markets across the Nordic region. The show's award-winning animation studio, Astley Baker Davies, will be producing the new series which will bring the total number of Peppa Pig episodes to 381.
In China, Peppa Pig generated more than 24.5 billion views on multiple SVOD platforms since the brand was first launched two years ago, providing "strong" consumer traction for the licensing and merchandising programme roll out of the brand this year, the board explained.
Entertainment One will also book a £20 million charge from renegotiating a new distribution arrangement.
- Google Assistant Lands on iOS- Here Are The Details
- Nicolas Hulot, l'aiguillon vert des présidents
- L'ONU dénonce une attaque meurtrière dans le sud — Libye
- Comey will testify publicly before intelligence panel
- Odisha passes state GST Bill
- Lindsey Graham: Russia probe 'now a criminal investigation'
- Twitter reacts to Kelly Olynyk's incredible Game 7
- Si Woo Kim's win lands punter a fortune
- United Bancorp (UBCP) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of
- Trump défend son droit de partager des informations avec Moscou