His last fight in the UFC was a June 2016 loss to current No. 2 contender Stephen (Wonderboy) Thompson.
The 27-year-old MacDonald signed with Bellator last August after his UFC contract expired. He chose to test free agency and inked a deal with Bellator MMA in August 2016.
"The Red King" controlled the fight at the outset, meeting Daley in the middle of the cage and popping off an overhand right hand and then instantly a single leg takedown. He spend the entire opening frame in top position delivering short punches and elbows. MacDonald took Daley down early in the second round and immediately advanced his position to side control.
Turkish ties hit rough patch after rough Erdogan visit
A State Department spokesperson told VICE News that two members of Erdogan's security detail were briefly detained and released. After their White House summit, Erdogan stopped at the Turkish ambassador's residence, where protesters had gathered.
The second round was a repeat, only MacDonald was able to get Daley into side control.
"It's been a long time of layoffs man". "It took a lot to stay focused, stay on track, to focus in on what I was lacking in every department of my life. I had to be on point and at my best, and tonight I was at my best". He also had a message for the victor of the Bellator 180 clash between Bellator champion Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin. When asked by Smith who he wanted to win the bout, MacDonald made a bold statement.
"It's going to be an incredible fight. I'll be there watching, and I guarantee you that I will take that belt from you and I'll take your health", said MacDonald about eventual victor.
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Sanford C. Bernstein
- Ex-US Rep. Anthony Weiner pleads guilty in sexting case
- Alibaba reveals $6 billion share buyback as misses EPS forecast
- (BSX) EVP Kevin J. Ballinger Sells 28864 Shares of Stock
- Jubilé pour Lacazette — Lyon-Nice
- Ailes was mad public believed accusers over him
- NAFTA critic calls Trump plans "markedly vague"
- Net migration figures measure up well
- Kelly vs Kelly: Wizards-Celtics Game 3 turns into shoving contest
- Body dumped along Texas road after hearse stolen