Monaco's 22-year-old central midfielder Tiemoué Bakayoko appears poised to leave the club this summer, with four major clubs now in active discussions with the player's entourage, according to RMC.
According to Bouhafsi's report, Chelsea are one of four teams in serious contention for the 22-year-old, and are hoping to beat Manchester United, Liverpool, and PSG to the punch with a quick early bid of €45m.
Monaco's crop of talented youngsters has been tipped to be taken apart in the coming transfer window, and it is thought Conte also has his sights set on Thomas Lemar, though given the Monegasque sides' healthy financial position, Bakayoko is Chelsea's top priority.
Chelsea are preparing a major offer for Tiemoue Bakayoko.
Reporters barred from Kushner Companies' visa-for-investment event in China
Almost 90 per cent of EB-5 visas were issued to Chinese nationals in 2014, when the programme reached its quota of 10,000 visas. On Sunday Meyer was introduced in Chinese to investors as a representative of "a famed celebrity investment family".
However, Conte could face competition from Manchester United and Jose Mourinho for the Frenchman, and given the Ligue 1 champions Batshuayi could swing the deal in their favour.
The newspaper claims that Chelsea will open negotiations with Monaco once the season ends next week with a deal expected to cost the Premier League champions around £42.7m.
The 23-year-old has barely featured for Chelsea in the Premier League this season despite scoring the goal that won them the title against West Bromwich Albion last week.
The Telegraph claim Michy Batshuayi could be used as part of a player-plus-cash deal to sweeten the move.
- OPEC, non-OPEC discuss extending supply cut by nine months or more
- Macron Wins French Election
- Paytm Now US$7 Bn Strong; Gains US$1.4 Bn from SoftBank
- Alaska governor calls for special session to resolve deficit
- Swedish Prosecutor Drops Rape Investigation of WikiLeaks Founder Assange
- ELECTION 2017: Unstable minority unlikely to last
- John McCain: Throw Turkish ambassador out of US
- Mort de Victor Lanoux : "un homme sensible aux aventures humaines"
- Conservatives record early gains in United Kingdom local elections
- Jose Mourinho says Manchester United's last Premier League game should be moved