The bill would prohibit the removal of monuments installed more than 40 years ago.
Tweaking the lines of those 12 districts affected other districts across the state, which democratic members of the Black Caucus claimed continued the state's history of racial gerrymandering in order to maintain Republican dominance.
Alabama lawmakers have approved sweeping protections for Confederate monuments, names and other historic memorials, even as politicians elsewhere rethink the appropriateness of keeping such emblems on public property. Gov. Hall said the therapy worked wonders with her son, who went from not talking to being able to verbalize his needs as he heads into kindergarten. The Alabama Legislature has approved a bill Friday, May 19, 2017, that would prohibit the removal of historic monuments that have stood for more than 40 years. More recent installations would not receive get such protection.
Representatives approved the Senate districts plans in a 71-32 party line vote on Thursday night after the reading was finished.
22h49 Multiplex de la dernière journée de Ligue 2 en direct
Je ne sais plus, on a déconnecté le cerveau", savourait leur entraîneur Christophe Pélissier au micro de beIN SPORTS. Les résultats de la soirée: AC Ajaccio 3-2 Tours, Auxerre 1-0 Red Star, Brest 6-2 Gaz.
Alabama lawmakers have given final approval to new legislative districts.
Federal judges in January ordered Alabama lawmakers to redraw boundaries before the 2018 elections.
Parents of children on the autism spectrum have been fighting for insurance coverage of the therapy they say can be life-changing but at $100-per-hour is out of many families' financial reach.
- Ducks' John Gibson great but Nashville is for real
- Senate Intelligence Committee asks for all memos of Trump interactions with Comey
- Eagle Bancorp, Inc. (EGBN) Lifted to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- Amazon Echo Show is the New Touchscreen Echo Device, Priced at $230
- NBA: Gobert (Utah) dans la 2e équipe-type de la saison
- Italy makes 12 vaccines mandatory for school-age children
- ELECTION 2017: Unstable minority unlikely to last
- Canadian Inflation Holds Steady But Core Rate Drifts Down
- Several injured, 1 dead after speeding vehicle drives into Times
- Paytm Now US$7 Bn Strong; Gains US$1.4 Bn from SoftBank